Wednesday, May 28, 2014

What's in my Travel Makeup Bag!

Hello! Over Memorial Day weekend, my husband and I went out of town for a few nights. We went over to the West side of Michigan and stay in a cute city called Holland! 

Since I was going away, I thought I was do a what's in my travel makeup bag! I tried really hard not to over pack on makeup and only bring the things I needed. Well apparently, I needed a lot of makeup for 3 days LOL. 


So the two bags on the top held my makeup, and the bottom one is a travel roll for my brushes. I could have fit all the makeup into the larger bag on the right, but I decided last minute to bring a larger palette with me. 

Here's a quick view of my (very dirty) brushes. I brought all the face brushes I use everyday and some eye brushes. 

Bag #1

For face products I have (left to right)
-Kat Von D makeup setting spray
-Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation 
-Benefit Porefessional Primer 
-Covergirl Tru Blend Foundation 
-Maybelline cover stick 
-Mac Pro Longwear Concealer 
-Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (top)
I brought two foundation because I was self tanning and one is slightly darker than the other. I ended up only using one of them though. 

For eye shadows I brought my Mac palette and my Urban Decay Naked Basics. 

For blush, bronzer, and highlighter I brought Nars Albatross and the Laguna and Deep Throat duo. These are great for travel because they are super sleek and don't take up much room. I love the blush and bronze duo fro travel because then you get two products in one package! 

Bag #2
This smaller bag held all my liners, lip prodcuts, etc. From left to right I brought
-Mac Painterly Paint Pot (top left)
-Lush Honey Trap lip balm (bottom left)
-Maybelline Falsies Mascara
-Anastasia Brow Wiz
-L'Oreal liquid liner 
-L'Oreal pencil liner 
-Urban Decay Black Velvet liner 
-Anastasia clear brow gel 
-Two Nyx Butter glosses (angel food cake and eclair)
-Mac lipstick in Hug Me. 

That is all for my travel makeup bag! I hope you enjoyed this post! 

What are your must have travel makeup essentials? 

10 comments:

  1. Great post!! I love everything you packed and I agree, NARS is super easy to travel with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margo! I wish more makeup was pas easy to pack as Nars lol!

      Delete
  2. That's a cute quilted bag! Love your brush set! Ahhhh Naked and Nars! They're both great.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I believe the bag is from a Tarte set I got. And yes they are both my favorite!

      Delete
  3. Great picks! I am to pick up the NARS cheek palette with the bronzer/blush/highlighter even though I have them all individually just because it would be so nice to have them in one compact. I agree, so great for travel.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! Yes I really want that Nars trio too with all them in the same compact!

      Delete
  4. Great post! I love that quilted bag! One of my travel makeup must have is a neutral eyeshadow palette. The Naked Basics would be a great choice to take along for travel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pilar! I agree- neutral eyeshadows are a must for travel!

      Delete
  5. i just got back from vacation, and my lorac pro was my go-to

    ReplyDelete