Thursday, September 11, 2014

Too Faced Cat Eyes Palette- Review + Swatches!

Hi :) 
Today I'm going to be reviewing the Too Faced Cat Eyes Palette. I think things palette is pretty new, and was released with two other palettes (rock n roll and country palettes) all of which are gorgeous. I was more drawn to the Cat Eyes palette because let's face it, I am a crazy cat lady. 

I debated on this palette for a while because I have two other Too Faced palettes that I rarely use and was not super impressed with, but after hearing such great things about the chocolate bar palette, I thought maybe their newer palettes were better quality and maybe reformulated? I don't know, if anyone does let me know!! 

This palette retails for $36, and you can purchase this palette from Too Faced's website here.

The packing is amazing. I love the cheetah print! The case is a tin that has a magnetic closure. I love this better than their old palette, which were in a cardboard case. This is also less bulky than the old ones. 

I seriously just can't get over how gorgeous this palette is. And the names of the shadows are all cat related! More on the names later when I show swatches. 

Top row in the palette. From left to right- •Purr- a lightly frosted champagne color. This looks a lot brighter/white in the picture than it does in person. Silly camera flash. 
•Tiger's Eye- a satin bronze color (and my favorite in the palette!). 
•Leopard- a deeper bronze color with small flecks of glitter/shimmer.

Second row in palette. From left to right-
•Meow- a neutral matte skin tonedcolor. This looks a lot brighter in the picture as well. 
•Pussy Cat- a bright fuchsia color with slight shimmer. One of the shades that made me want this palette so much!
•Jungle Love- a deep plum color with flecks of glitter. 

Last row in the palette. From left to right-
•Kitten- a frosted light pink color. 
•Kitty Glitter- a frosted light blueish silver. 
•Panther- dark matte black. 

The cool thing about this palette is that all the end colors (leopard, jungle love, and Panther) can be used as a wet/dry shadow or liner. 

My thoughts on this palette
-I am absolutely in love with this palette. I feel like I haven't really loved a palette that I have bought in a while. There's been a lot that I have liked and thought were great, but this one is amazing and it is just so stunning I can't get over it. 
-The pigmentation is reall great on these too, and they blend really well. 
-I have been using the top row with the neutral colors almost everyday since I got it. They make for a beautiful everyday eye look. 
-The purples in the second row is what really had me drawn to this palette. I don't own anything like those two shades. I do however think that the fuchsia color needs a really good base to make or stand out like to does in the palette.
-I acutually have not tried out the colors in the bottom row yet sadly. I do like black shadows, but I don't use blue that often. 
-I totally think the wet/dry shadows work really well with a wet brush. It makes them pop and I think they would make for great liners as well!
-This was totally worth the money and I know it's going to be a long time favorite of mine! Plus, the cat names are amazing too! 

I will have a seperate post up soon wit some eye looks I created with this! 

Have you tried the Cat Eyes palette before? If so leave your thoughts!

27 comments:

  1. It looks like a lovely palette, glad it turned out to be a good one :P x
    Freya's Fashion Chapter | Liz Earle Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy with it! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Hey Ashley Ash! It is gorgeous indeed! Those purples are spectacular. The names are too cute! I'm really impressed with their packaging now. The Balm needs to do the same thing that Too Faced did. Enjoy! It's a great palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim!! I totally agree with you! It would be nice if some companies upgraded their packaging! I don't mind some cardboard ones but of they are bulky then I don't like it!

      Delete
  3. This palette looks like it would create a lot of great looks. I'd love to try more too faced palettes

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd like them since you like the chocolate bar!

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous selection of shades- totally up my alley. I've been loving Too Faced more and more lately :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been super impressed with them lately as well! You'd love this palette :)

      Delete
  5. ooh it's so pretty! really need to get some too faced palettes

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // blog sale

    ps. enter my £300 rayban and beauty goodies giveaway! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend this one! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. I would like to try it out once! :)

    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know! :)

    fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really great!! And of course, I will follow you back :)

      Delete
  7. I've never tried the older versions of their palettes, but I have their boudoir beauty one and it's one of my favorites! Their names can't get any better either hahah. I've been debating on whether to get this one or not. Tiger's Eye and Panther Love look amazing!

    xx becky // star violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boudior one is pretty too!! I think you would really like this one! Tigers eye is definitely my favorite!

      Delete
  8. This looks gorgeous!! I like this one more than the country and rock and roll too. Cats are the best and I love all the names!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought this was was something I would use more than those other ones too!! Thanks Margo ;)

      Delete
  9. Such pretty eye-shadows!! Perfect to create night looks :)
    Natalie♥
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree- perfect for nighttime and more dramatic looks!

      Delete
  10. really pretty palette! i bet it looks amazing on brown eyes

    ReplyDelete
  11. This palette is really pretty! I have the natural eyes palette and I really love it, the packaging is super bulky though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some of the old ones too, and I prefer the new packaging!

      Delete
  12. This is such a pretty palette! I don't own anything from Too Faced Products, but after reading you review and looking at the pictures it makes me want to make some purchases lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would really like their eyeshadows!! They are great, especially their newer ones!

      Delete
  13. I really want to pick up some Too Faced palettes - they look like great quality! This one is really cute :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend this one, and any of their newer palettes!! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  14. it is so gorgeous! i played with it at ulta last night!

    ReplyDelete