Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Lush Yog Nog Bath Bomb

Hello!! 

This will be my last post until after Christmas so I wanted to wish all of you a Merry Christmas if you and your families celebrate! And a Happy Birthday to my good friend Pilar who's birthday is on Christmas as well!!

Today I'm going to share one of the Lush Bath Bombs that I picked up at the end of November! I picked up two of them, and I believe they were both new ones that came out for the holiday season. I shared some pictures and clips of the yoga bomb a month or so ago on Instagram, but today I'm going to share my thoughts on Yog Nog!


This bath bomb was inspired by vegan egg nog. On lush's website this is described as "Spicy clove bud oil stimulates the senses while soy milk powder and organic shea butter create creamy, comforting waters. Luxuriate in comforting toffee soaks with clouds of gold and a touch of luster". 

This immediately turned my bath water fluorescent yellow. 

 After a minute or so the top half fizzed away and this is what it looked like. The center was kind of like a bath melt, so that was kind of cool. It felt really 
creamy and soft. It kind of looked like the yolk of an egg, which makes since since its egg nog inspired, but I thought that was kind of....strange. And since I personally think eggs are gross (other than the delicious Panera egg soufflés I shared recently, I know I'm weird), I was a little turned off by this. 

The scent was okay, not my favorite. I prefer bath bombs that change colors more, but I didn't mind the fluorescent yellow much. The was some glitter but nothing over the top like some of the bath bombs have. And I did like the concept of a two in one bomb/melt, I just wish it didn't resemble eggs LOL! This is one I wouldn't repurchase, but I do like to try them all so I can't complain much. 

What is your favorite bath bomb? 

18 comments:

  1. i couldn't do it. i'm like you with the eggs being gross thing. nooppppe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the look of an egg doesn't seem too relaxing and appealing lol. Merry Xmas Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely strange lol!! Merry Xmas to you too Tanya!

      Delete
  3. Aww Ashley thank you so much for the birthday wishes! You are too sweet! You have become one of my good friends as well!! I really wish that a Lush was near where I lived because I would love to go check out their products! I guess I could see why the whole egg thing might be a turn off, but thanks for your honest opinion! I hope that you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Pilar!! And thank you too!! And the closes one to me is 45 minutes away, so I try to stock up when I go there but I wish there was once closer!

      Delete
  4. Even though I actually love eggs, this looks so gross to me haha! Merry Christmas Ashley I hope it is amazing and Happy Birthday wishes to Pilar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In so glad someone agrees with me LOL!! Thank you Margo, I hope you have a great Christmas!

      Delete
  5. i love these products...
    merry christmas dear
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOLLL yellowish bath water reminds me of pee. I think one of the bath things (sunnyside? can't remember) turned my bath water a yellow-brown and it was kind of weird sitting in it. But then again maybe I'm just a little too immature for my age. I like eggs though, they're one of my favorite foods :P

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
  7. HaHaHa Ashley, I would be turned off about it looking like "eggs" in my bath water also. I love the idea of egg nog but it definitely wasn't what I would've expected either! At least you gave it a try. Thanks for letting us know.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one! And it definitely didn't smell anything like egg nog either!

      Delete
  8. Ugh, I'm not a fan of eggs either...most people think I'm weird. LOL! Hope you had a Merry Christmas Ashley! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad you agree with me! And a lot of people think I'm weird that I don't like eggs either. I hope you had a great Christmas too Lily!

      Delete
  9. Lol I like eggs, but I don't want them in my bath! The look of that thing would have put me off too. I hope you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it didn't smell like eggs lol!! I hope you had a nice Christmas too Lauren!

      Delete