Monday, March 7, 2016

Kat Von D Shade + Light Blush Duo | Mickey and Mallory

Hello! 

Kat Von D released her shade and light blush duos recently and since I'm a sucker for cheek products, especially duos and palette, I knew I wanted to pick one up. I've tried another one of her blushes in the past and I really liked the formula so I definitely was excited about the duos. I just checked both Kat Von D's beauty website and Sephora and could not find these blushes on either, and I also didn't see these in stores at Sephora!  I don't know what is going on with that, but I will definitely keep an eye out to see if these come back!



These are $25, and the pan is pretty big. I thought that wasn't too expensive since you are getting two shades in there.

I chose the duo in Mickey & Mallory, which is are neutral peachy mauve tones. All of the duos were super pretty, and they have a darker shade and lighter shade in them. All of the shades were matte colors as well. The idea behind this is to help shape your face by using the darker color on the outer side on your cheek bones, and the lighter one on the apples of your cheeks. 

Here are swatches of the darker and lighter shade, and then them mixed on the bottom.

I personally don't use the colors serperatly like how they were made to use. I just mix them both together and I find that it makes a pretty shade and I prefer that. Also, even though in the pan it doesn't look very light, the lighter shade  ends up too light when swatched and applied serperatly.

My Thoughts
-I'm actually really loving this blush and am really impressed with it. It made my February favorites, so that really isn't a surprise that I'm giving this a good review. 
-These blend our super well and the formula is very smooth. It has nice pigmentation but it definitely isn't overly pigmented so you don't end up with clown cheeks. The color is buildable, or you can use a light hand for a natural look. 
-My only complaint, which is mentioned in my favorites video, is that the pan inside the packaging isn't very sturdy. I actually hope that's the reason why they were taken off the shelf and I hope they are fixing that and bringing them back! However- that doesn't stop me from loving the blush so I can deal with it. 

I wanted to do this review and show swatches even though they aren't avalible at the moment because if you can find them somewhere and get your hands on one, then I really recommend checking them out! I had a hard time choosing which duo I wanted between 3 of them but I'm really happy with my choice!

Have you tried these Kat Von D blush duos? Does anyone know why there were taken off he shelf? Let me know in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment