Thursday, October 27, 2016

Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation Review

Hello! I have wanted to try out the Milani Conceal and Perfect Foundation since it came out. I picked it up a few weeks again (finally) and I'm ready to share my thoughts on it!

About this foundation from Milani's website 
"Combat under eye circles, redness and other skin imperfections with this full coverage, water-resistant foundation plus concealer in one. A no mess, no drip pump dispenses just the right amount of fluid needed to achieve a flawless look and works around the clock to keep skin looking naturally perfect!"

First lets talk about the good.
This has nice packaging, and I appreciate foundations that have pumps. Its affordable at $9.99, and if theres a store near you that sells Milani, then it should be fairly easy to find. The only store around me is 30 mins away, which is why it took me to long to try this out. 

Now the not so good.
This foundation does not cater to super fair and pale skin tones like I have. I have the lights shade (01 Creamy Vanilla) and it is far too yellow/dark for my skin tone. However, when I wear self tanner this will work for me. 
I have found ways to make this match my skin tone though, so that is a plus. Once its on my face with my concealer and setting powder which are much lighter, it balances out. This is kind of annoying to work with, but at least its not completely unusable. I've also been mixing it in with my Maybelline Better Skin foundation, which is too light for my skin and its one that I don't like to wear on its own, so that works well for me. The two foundation balance out and make the perfect shade and coverage for my skin.

Lets talk about application and formula.
This foundation claims to be a two in one foundation and concealer that is full coverage, covers redness and imperfections, and is water resistant.
I don't think its full coverage or covers imperfections well. I tried this out when my face had a lot of break outs, and it didn't cover them or their redness. Now that my face has cleared up, and I don't have much to conceal, I don't mind the coverage of it but I do prefer foundations that I can use on 'bad skin days'. I haven't tested any water proof claims on it. 
I tested application with 3 different tools. The beauty blender worked well. I did not like using the Wet n Wild flat top brush because the foundation was patchy and uneven. The Sigma F80 worked really well too.
It has good staying power, and I didn't notice any fading through the day. 

Overall, this is just an ok foundation for me. I wish they had a lighter shades, but I do like the way this pairs with my Maybelline Better Skin Foundation which gives me a nice shade and coverage. I was expecting a little more from this foundation, and probably won't repurchase it, but I will definitely finish it up.

Have you tried out the Milani Foundation? Let me know your thoughts on it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment