Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Tarte Don't Be Afraid to Dazzle Contour and Highlight Duo

Hello!
Today I'm sharing one of my newest beauty purchases. I recently picked up the Tarte Double Duty Don't be Afraid to Dazzle Contour and Highlight powders. I picked this gem up at Ulta when I was there looking for a new bronzer to contour with. I'm a sucker for duos and cheek plates (and highlighters) so this looked like a perfect match for what I wanted. 

This was $30, but I had some Ulta points so I got it for $24.
The packing is a beautiful mirrored gold, that proved very hard to photograph, and both this and the box it came in says "don't be afraid to dazzle".
Inside you get a full sized Amazonian Clay bronzer that is matte, and a full sized Amazonian Clay champagne highlighter. 

About this product from Ulta's website
"Dazzle through the day with this clay-infused, vegan friendly face palette. With all-new, exclusive contouring and highlighting shades, the creamy powder formulas blend and build effortlessly for natural, radiant results across a variety of complexions. In this universal palette, you'll get a full size matte contouring powder with cool undertones to sculpt cheekbones with a complementing, full size highlighter to illuminate and strobe on dimension. Powered by nutrient-rich Amazonian clay for a flake-free finish, this longwearing everyday contouring palette also features a sleek, portable design with mirror so you can get your contour and glow on anywhere."

And here are the swatches. Both are pigmented and buttery smooth.

My Thoughts
-The contour powder is more on the cool toned side, which I usually don't prefer. But this is more of a neutral cool toned shade, rather then an ashy toned one so it works well for my skin tone. 
-The highlighter is a very pretty champagne shade that isn't too in your face. It's a lot more subtle than a lot of highlighter I own, and gives your cheeks a nice sheen instead of sparkle or shimmer. 
-Both powders are pigmented and blend out on the skin really nice. 
-The also have great staying power and I didn't notice any faded through the day. 
-I definitely love the packing, its super pretty and I love the quote on it. This is compact and sleek so its travel friendly too. 
-I think both the bronzer and highlight would work on a lot of different skin tones, with the bronzer being a neutral cool toned one, and the highlight being not too shimmery!

Overall this is a great cheek palette, and I have zero complaints about it. 
Ever since I quit my job last summer I haven't had much extra money for things like makeup, so this was definitely a treat. I'm very careful in my decisions when buying things now and make sure it's something I really want or need. I'm definitely happy to have added this into my collection, and if you're looking for a new contour powder or highlight, then check this one from Tarte out! It is limited edition, and it's also on Tarte's website!

Also, does any one else use the Blogger app? Mine stopped working and I noticed that they removed it from the app store. The lazy blogger girl in me is slightly annoyed at this!

Have you tried out this Tarte palette? What's your current favorite bronzer?





No comments:

Post a Comment