Friday, July 12, 2013

Nyx Mortal Instruments Parallel Worlds Collection!

Hello Everyone!! So today I am going to be doing a post on the Nyx Parallel Worlds Collection from the Mortal Instruments Movie! If any my readers know me personally, then you know that I love books just as much as I love makeup. The Mortal Instruments series is one of my all time favorite book series, and it is being made into a movie that comes out in theaters next month. While I was randomly browsing on Hot Topics website last week I noticed that they had some merchandise for this movie as they usually do when popular movies or tv shows come out. I also noticed that they had a makeup set designed by Nyx called The Parallel Worlds set in inspiration for the movie. Obviously, I had to buy this. Lol.

This set by Nyx came with an eyeshadow palette with 6 eyeshadows, a blush, a nyx jumbo pencil, a liquid eyeliner, a mascara, and a lip gloss all for $25 which I think is a great deal for the amount of makeup that you are getting. 

The packaging is sooo pretty! 

Here is everything that comes in the set.

Here is all the colors in the palette. You can do a lot of different looks with this.

Here is the Nyx blush in Pinched. This kind of reminds me of Nars Orgasm Blush a little bit.

Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Cashmere

Nyx Le Frou Frou Mascara. 

Nyx Studio Liquid Liner.

Nyx soft matte lip cream in the color Instabul. 

Here are swatches for the liquid eyeliner, the lip gloss, the blush, and the jumbo pencil.

Here are swatches for the eye shadows.

Here is the look that I created with this makeup collection:



For my face makeup:

For my foundation I used the Makeup Forever Mat Velvet+. I used the Covergirl & Olay simply ageless corrector with the Revlon Colorstay Concealer on top. I set my makeup with the Maybelline Dream Matte powder. I used the Elf golden bronzer all over my face. I used Benefit Hoola Bronzer to contour, and the Nyx Blush in Pinched from the collection. I used Benefits Watts Up as my highlighter. On my lips I used the Nyx lip cream in Instabul from the collection. 

For my Eyes:

I primed my eyes with the lorac eye primer and I used the Nyx Jumbo pencil in cashmere as my eyeshadow base. I also put this on the inner half of my lower last line.



I used the light taupe/brown color on the outter half of my lid and the white color as my highlight on my brown bone. I used the deep purple color in my crease and blended it out. I used the black shimmery color in the otter v. 

For my eyeliner I used the Nyx Liquid eyeliner, and I used Urban Decay 24/7 liner in perversion in my waterline. I used the Nyx Le Frou Frou for my mascara.

My thoughts on the products in this collection:

First off, I want to say that I was really excited about trying this collection out because I have not tried a  lot of nyx products before. I have an eyeshadow palette from them, I have tried a few jumbo pencils and a cream blush but that is all. 

I really love the jumbo pencil in cashmere that came with this collection. It's really pigmented and such a pretty gold color. The eyeshadows are really pretty as well. They do take more product to build up the color than a lot eyeshadows that I have used before. However, do work well with and eyeshadow base and primer under them. I was really excited to try the blush out because the only Nyx blush that I have tried before was a cream blush. I really love this blush a lot and it is really pigmented. The color pay off is really great. I was happy that this set came with a liquid eyeliner because I was in need of a new one. This eyeliner is really pigmented, but I found it a little difficult to apply. The brush is really tiny and flimsy, and the consistency of this product is really watery so I had to be really careful when applying it. It was really easy to make the wing on my winged liner look with this though so that was a win for me. I did not like this mascara at all. I felt like not a lot of product came out of the tube and onto the brush. It was very dry and didn't apply well to my lashes. After what seemed like a million coats, I got my lashes to look nice and long but I felt like I had to do way too much with for them to look like that. The lip cream is really pigmented and looks nice and creamy on the lips. It's a great pink color that isn't too bright which I love!

Overall I think this collection is worth the $25 that it costs. Most of the products are great and you get a lot for what you pay for! I know this post was super long but I hope you all enjoyed and thank you for reading! 















No comments:

Post a Comment