Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Maybelline 'The Nudes Palette' Review

Hello!! A month or so ago I heard that Maybelline was coming out with a new Palette called 'The Nudes'. I knew right away I wanted this palette for a few reasons.  #1. I'm a sucker for neutral palettes, #2. I've never tried any Maybelline eyeshadows before, but always wanted to because they are quite raved about for a drugstore eye shadow, and #3. I haven't really seen Maybelline come out with a palette other than the quads and trios they have. So naturally I was really curious and drawn to this palette.

I actually found mine at a local target, which was weird to me because the target by my house rarely gets newer makeup in right away. I have also heard this can be found at Walgreens if you are interested.  

The packaging is pretty sleek and small, great for traveling. This is super affordable at $9.99. 

Top picture taken without flash, bottom taken with flash. 
This palette has a range of 12 beautiful colors, both matte and shimmer (5 matte,  7 shimmer). This has both cool and warm tones, and the browns are more on the taupe side which I absolutely love. 


Here are all the swatches. The first 6 being the top row, and the last 6 are the bottom. These are swatched with no primer underneath. 

My thoughts-
-First I want to say that the color pay off for these is much better on the eyes than they are swatched. When I swatched them they seemed kind of chalky and not as pigmented as I hoped. So my first initial reaction was a little disappointed, but when I put them on my eyes I totally changed my mind. 

-Since I never tired any maybelline shadows before, and since they are really talked about in the beauty community, I kind of had high expectations for this palettes. I don't think my expectations were totally met, but I wasn't totally disappointed either. 

-I think this is a really great palette for the drugstore. The pigmentation isn't the greatest, but it isn't bad. It's certainly not a Naked or Lorac Pro Palette, but I'm still really enjoying it! It's definitely one of the better drugstore palettes that I have tried!

-The shadows look really pretty on the eyes and I'm super happy with the looks that I have been doing. I especially love all of the matte brown colors. The are so great for transition and blending shades. I have been using this a ton since I bought it. 

This is a palette that I think is worth checking out if you can find it! I will be doing a look with this palette in a drugstore FOTD post very soon!

Have you tried out this new Maybelline Palette? If so leave your thoughts on it in the comments!

18 comments:

  1. This looks so lovely!:)
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella ☀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so pretty! I'm pretty impressed with the swatches though, way better than most drugstore palettes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree- I was impressed because it was definitely better than a lot of drugstore ones!!

      Delete
  3. I'm a sucker for neutral eyeshadows too. I think it's great for a drugstore product. :)
    Natalie♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. have you tried the sonia kashuk one? is it the same as that? I've held of buying this, but i have something for walgreens coming up, so i may get that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried those ones, but they do look really similar!!!

      Delete
  5. I didn't realize you had never tried any Maybelline eyeshadows before! I have a ton of their quads, and I use them all the time. I agree, they don't touch the Naked palettes or the Lorac palettes, but they're pretty good quality for the drugstore. Thanks for sharing, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really know why I've never tried the quads before! I've always wanted to lol! If you like those, then you would love this palette!

      Delete
  6. I am so tempted to try this but I'm trying to be smarter with my purchases and do I need another nude palette.... Decisions decisions.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree- I have too many neutral palettes and I'm trying to be smarter too! At least this was only $10 lol

      Delete
  7. I love neutrals, so I was really excited about this launch. Gorgeous colors Ashley! Thanks for this review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really excited about it too Kim! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  8. This looks super pretty, especially for a drugstore palette! Thanks for the swatches :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete