Monday, October 12, 2015

Red Lips for Fall | Maybelline Divine Wine + Rum Riche

Hi! 
I've kind of been obsessed with red lips lately this season! I've been wanting a darker red shade for a few weeks and Maybelline Divine Wine was exactly what I was looking for. I wanted this last year but red lips were still out of my comfort zone. I recently saw Elle talk about this in one of her blog posts and I new I wanted to pick it up this year since I've grown more comfortable with bold lips

Maybelline Lipsticks are my favorite from the drugstore. While I was picking up Divine Wine, another red shade called Rum Riche caught my eye. And somehow I ended up coming home with two new red lipsticks. Opps. 

Divine Wine is from the creamy mattes line, and I believe Rum Riche is just from the original color sensation line but I'm not 100% sure. 

Rum Riche
The swatch looks a little bit berry toned but on the lips it looks like a subtle red that has a tiny bit of a brown undertone to it. It may look more berry in the picture from taking it with a flash on. This is a more sheer formula than divine wine. It's pretty on its one and the color is buildable, but I can't wait to try it out with a darker lip liner underneath. It's also a nice color to wear if your not 100% comfortable with a bolder red shade. 

Divine Wine
Divine wine is a gorgoues dark red color. This is darker than the Cruella shade by Nars that I have. The formula to these creamy matte shades are really opaque and are not drying on the lips like other mattes are.


Here's the two side by side to get a better picture of them than the ones above. 

I'm really enjoying these two shades! And like I said before, Maybelline lipsticks are my favorite from the drugstore (and 2nd favorite to Mac ones!). If you haven't tried them before I really recommend them! 

What are your favorite red lip shades?

16 comments:

  1. I agree that Maybelline lipsticks are one of the best from drugstore. I also love Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks, they are equally as good. I don't own Rum Riche and Divine Wine but I think they will be added into my collection soon. You look absolutely gorgeous in both and I am so happy to see you're embracing red lips now! xx

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shireen! And thank you always for encouraging me to try bold lip shades!! I'll have to try those Rimmel ones! And you'd look gorgoues in both these shades!

      Delete
  2. Maybelline lipsticks are awesome, my favorite from the drugstore! I love Divine Wine, I wear it often during this time of year. I think I need Rum Riche now, LOL! They both look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lily! I can see divine wine being a beautiful color on you! And I think you'd love the rum Riche one too, it looks amazing over top of any nude or darker lipliners!

      Delete
  3. Ashley I think you wear any lipstick color and it will look gorgeous on you! Love these two shades you pick out! Surprisingly I've never tried any lipsticks from Maybelline! Idk why because I love the shades of the lipsticks I've seen from their brand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pilar!! You should definitely give the Maybelline lipsticks are try!! You know how much I love Mac, and it will always be my favorite but these are seriously just a good in my opinion. Or at least very close!

      Delete
  4. I have Divine Wine but I don't wear it often because I can't get a perfect shape and its so dark so you need it to look perfect! The Rum Riche seems like it would be easier to wear. I love the Maybelline Matte Lipsticks in Touch of Spice and Nude Nuance (just got this one). Touch of Spice has a pinkish/rose tone to the nude and Nude Nuance is more brownish red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I had such trouble getting divine wine to look perfect! It was super difficult and especially since I'm still new to dark lips! And you'd love rum Riche! I have touch of spice and it's so nice! I'll have to check out Nude Nuance, thanks go to suggestion Tanya!

      Delete
  5. I love both of these shades and I love wine colors on you!! I will have to grab both of them because these are right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margo! You look stunning in reds, so definitely check these two out!

      Delete
  6. I haven't tried any of these lipsticks, but divine wine looks so good! I love that kind of berry red, although sometimes I like wearing a dark vampy red too, but berry red is more wearable and wouldn't attract too much attention to my lips.

    Sitha | lemmeswatchit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the berry red shades too! They are easier to wear than the vampy ones! Thanks Sitha!

      Delete
  7. I think both are so pretty and I LOVE rum riche on you Ashley! You look awesome in reds! Glad you are experimenting. It's good to step out of our comfort zone and try something new. You never know if it works unless you try. So good for you!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim!! I'm so happy I stepped out of my comfort zone too!i can't imagine not wanting to wear bolder colors now lol!!

      Delete
  8. Both of these shades are so pretty and look great on you! I love wearing red lipstick around this time of year. Revlon Fire & Ice and Cherries in the Snow are two of my favorite reds from the drugstore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! I'll have to check out those two reds, I haven't tried any revlon lipsticks lately!

      Delete