Sunday, February 14, 2016

Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara Review

Hello! Today I'm going to be reviewing the Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Mascara. I got a gift set of Estée Lauder products for Christmas, it's those sets that they offer if you spend x amount of dollars then you can buy the set for I think $60. I haven't used any Estée Lauder products before, other than their double wear foundation. I was going to review the set I got as a whole but I just got around to trying most of the products. I figured I would do some reviews on the products individually instead because I think all of these items expect for the shadow palette are sold individually!

Rambling aside, let's get into the review!

 I'm not usually into high end mascaras, because I think you can find amazing ones at the drugstore and I'd much rather pay around $8 than $20-30. I was excited to try this one regardless and since I haven't tried many highend mascara, I was curious if this was worth the $27 that it costs. 

Here's my lashes with no mascara, and the one, two, and three coats. I usually do 3 coats of mascara on any kind that I apply, and just one coat on the bottom lashes. 

 My Thoughts
Pros
-The formula is a good one, with not being super wet and not too dry. It is on the more wet side, but it doesn't clump or make my lashes stick together. 
-It gives me tons of length and decent volume. 
-It doesn't feel heavy or too thick when I wear it and it's really easy to remove. 
-The packaging is pretty. The wand is big, but I don't mind that. 

Cons
-Price is expensive. 
-I found that it smudge on my lower lash line a lot. 
-I get better results with my Covergirl super sized mascara. 

Overall it's a good one and I do like it. The smudging on the lower lash mine bugged me, but not enough to call it a bad mascara. Is it worth $27? No. I wouldn't pay that much for a mascara especially when I prefer some drugstore one to this!

Have you tried this Estée Lauder mascara before? If so, leave your thoughts on it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment