Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Favorite Foundations for Combo-Oily Skin

Hi :)
Today I'm going to share my favorite foundations for my combo oily skin. A lot of these foundations are probably ones you've heard me mentions a lot of times before, but I wanted to do this post because it's taken me a long time to find out which foundations work for me and my skin. These are all ones I've been using for a year or more, so that really tells you how much I love them.

The three main things I look for in a foundation is coverage, staying power, and longevity (if my face will look oily later in the day).

Loreal Infallible Pro Matte
Why I love it: Drugstore, full coverage, and lasts all day, what's not to love? It definitely keeps you matte and doesn't fade. My skin is combo oily and more oily in the summer and this works amazing. 
Estée Lauder Double Wear
Why I love it: it's very light weight and blends into the super nice. It's not super full coverage, but almost. This is by far the longest lasting foundation that I own. 
Makeup Forever Mat Velvet+
Why I love it: This makes my skin look so flawless. Blends great and has great coverage. This one isn't the longest lasting but for an everyday foundation it's great and I rarely have problems with it fading if I use a good setting powder. 
Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo 
Why I love it: The best full coverage foundation I've tried. It covers everything, so I like to use this if I'm having a 'bad skin day'. I find it keeps me matte, and has good lasting power. If you skin is very, very oily I'm not sure I'd recommend this but if you have a good primer max setting powder, go grab a sample and try it out. 
Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1
Why I love it: Great coverage and another good one with very good staying power. Blends nice (how many times am I going to say that lol?), and has a great price tag. 
Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous
Why I love it: This is actually one that I think any skin type would like it could wear.  It's the cheapest I've mentioned, it's super light weight, and it's a light to medium (buildable) coverage. It covers all my redness well and lasts through the day too. This is my most repurchased foundation, I think I've been through at least 6 of them!

I also wanted to mention the urban decay naked skin foundation because it's also one of my favorites, but I currently don't have it. I've repurchased it 2 or 3 times and have been meaning to get it again! It's another light weight, medium coverage one that lasts through the day too! 

What is your favorite foundations? Any ones that I should try out that I haven't mentioned? 

No comments:

Post a Comment