Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Essence Contour Powder and Highlight Duo

Hello!

Today's review is a long over due one. I've had the Essence Contour and Highlight Duo since June and am just now reviewing it. Honestly, this isn't a product I reach for a lot (spoiler) so I've just been putting this review off for too long. 

This is $3.99 at Ulta, and comes in two shades. I have the shade light which is a warmer toned bronzer with a champagne highlight. The shade dark looked more cool toned with a pinkish highlight. 

Here photos with the flash and no flash, and then some swatches. 

The contour shade is a nice and neutral color, but the pigmentation isn't the best. I did swatches of one swipe, and you could barely see them, so I also did a swatch with two swipes to build up the pigmentation. 

The highlight is a super pretty shade. It's not super in your face or crazy shimmery. It gives a nice subtle glow. I really like this one for days that I don't want a super intense highlight. 

Overall, this was just an okay product for me. I prefer more pigmentation to my contour shades, and I'm a little too impatient to build up the color. But if you like a very, very subtle and natural contour, then you might like this. Same for the highlight. 

This is worth a try if you think it's something you'd like, but I recommend the Wet n Wild Contour Duo over this Essencd one instead. It's only $1 more, you get a lot my product, and the pigmentation and formula are better. 

Have you tried the Essence Contour Duos before? What are your thoughts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment