Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Going Cruelty Free + Brands on my Radar

Hi lovelies! Happy Hump Day!

Today's post is a little different- and a bit more serious than usually. I'm going to be talking about going cruelty free with my makeup, along with reasons why and some brands that are on my radar and ones that I won't be purchasing from any more. This is a topic that is important to me and I hold near and dear to my heart. I'm a huge animal lover and think that it's horribly wrong for cosmetic companies to test on animals.



The very first reason for wanting to go cruelty free is simple- I don't believe that animals should be harmed and tested on. I will admit that I have a lot of makeup products that are not cruelty free at the moment, and  plan is to use up those items and no longer purchase from those brands and companies. I also believe in using things that I already own, so that is why I will continue to use them until they are finished up.

So many animals are harmed and killed through animal testing. It's something that truly breaks my heart and makes my stomach hurt. Why do these poor creatures have to suffer and harmed just so we can find some joy in putting makeup on our faces, etc.? I don't want to go too in depth about this, so I'm going to leave it at the fact that I no longer wish to support companies who test on animals. I've been cruelty free with my skin, body, and hair care for more than a year now, so it's time to no longer purchased makeup that's not cruelty free either. If you want more information on this topic, there's plenty of articles on the internet you can check out!


There's tons of great companies who are cruelty free, a lot of which I already purchase from. Some companies are owned by parnet companies who do test on animals, which I haven't filled decided who I feel about yet and won't be talking about in depth today. I do believe most of the high end companies I purchase from are cruelty free, and a few drugstore ones as well, so I will name a few if anyone is curious.

High End
Anastasia
Becca
Bare Minerals
Beauty Blender
Bite Beauty
Charlotte Tilbury
Hourglass
It Comsmetics
Kat Von D
Marc Jacobs Beauty
NARS
Stila
Tarte
The Balm
Too Faced
Urban Decay

Drugstore/Affordable Makeup
BH Cosmetics
Colourpop
Elf
Essence
Flower
Hard Candy
Jordana
Makeup Geek
Makeup Revolution
Milani
Nyx
Pacifica
Physicians Formula
Pixi
Real Techniques
Sonya Kashuk
Wet n Wild

These definitely are not all of the cruelty free brands, but ones that stand out to me most. I haven't tried all of these brands, but there's definitely some on my radar and ones that I've tried, but will be making a more conscious effort to try out their products instead of non cruelty free ones.

The top of my list is definitely drugstore ones, which are Wet n Wild, Elf, Pixi, and and Pacifica.

And if you're curious of brands that I'm no longing going to be purchasing from, here's a short and quick list; L'Oreal, Maybelline, Covergirl, Revlon (most bigger brand name makeup companies in the drugstore are the biggest for animal testing), Mac, Estée Lauder, Clinique Dior, Makeup Forever, Yves Saint Laurent.

A lot of these companies make some of my favorite makeup products, but I'm excited to test out and find replacements for them. I know this topic isn't for everyone, but all I ask is to educate yourself on what goes on during animal testing. I hope this post doesn't come off as pushy or judgmental to those who do not wish to go this route with their makeup, because I mean no offense. My intention of posting this is truly to hope others gain awareness of what goes on in the world in regards to animal testing and cruelty!  And if you made it through this post and enjoyed it, then thank you for reading and sticking around!

Also, if you are interested in brands that are cruelty free for Skin and Body care, along with more makeup brands that I didn't list, Cruelty Free Kitty has a great list that you can check out.

If anyone wants a post on specific products that I have my eyes on from cruelty free brands, let me know and I'd be happy to do one! 


No comments:

Post a Comment