Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Disney Ariel Part of Your World Eyeshadow Review

Hello!! If any of you are Disney lovers like me, then you know that Sephora has their limited edition Disney Makeup Collections. The Ariel one was released online last week, and it will be in stores in sometime next month in August (I think). I was fortunate enough to be able to snag the two eyeshadow palettes from this collection, which are the Part of Your World quad and the Ariel Storybook Palette. I have not received the Storybook palette in the mail yet, but I did get the eyeshadow quad in the mail yesterday. The Little Mermaid is my all time favorite disney movie so I was basically ecstatic when I heard Sephora was coming out with an Ariel collection. This is the third disney princess collection that they have made, I did not purchase anything from the Jasmine collection but I did pick up the Cinderella Storybook palette around Christmas time. So enough of my rambling, I am going to share my review for the Part of Your World palette and the look that I created with it. Later in the week I will do the same for the Ariel Storybook palette!

I'm so obsessed with this packaging.

Here is a close up of the eyeshadows, and of their names on the back of the box. The lightest shade on the top is called Who's-it, the taupe color next to it is called What's-it. The green is called Dinglehopper, and the purple is Snarfblat.

Here are the swatches.
The purple shade has the best pigmentation out of the four shadows.

Here is the look that I created:
To prime my eyes I used the Lorac eye primer and Mac paint pot in bare study as my base. 

I used Who's-it for my brow bone highlight (lightest cream shade) and What's-it (light taupe color) all over my lid. I used the Dinglehopper (green) shade in my crease and blended it out. I also used this shade in my inner corner of my lower lash line. I used Snarfblat (purple) on my lower lash line on top of Maybelline Color Tattoo in Painted purple. 
For my eyeliner I used the Bombshell liquid eye pen and Urban Decay liner in perversion in my waterline. I used Revlon Lash Potion of my mascara.

Here is a close up of the eyeshadow




My thoughts on this palette:
Even though the colors in this palette seems really beautiful, their pigmentation isn't all that great. You can definitely build up the color, but it's somewhat annoying. The swatches that I took pictures of were probably 3-4 swipes of color to get the color to look good. The only one that is really pigmented is the purple. It is a little disappointing that the pigment isn't that great since this palette was expensive. The Cinderella Storybook palette had really great color to it's shadows so I am hoping that the Ariel Storybook one will too. 
I still really love the colors in the palette though, and I love the look that I created. Once I built up the green color, it turned out to be a really pretty shade. And like I said before, the packaging is gorgeous. There is a little quote on the mirror that says Dreams are Realities in Waiting, which I also think is amazing!! 

I hope you all enjoyed my review for this palette, and thank you so much for reading! If you have tried out this palette or any of the other disney collections leave your thoughts on them in a comment below!!

<3









No comments:

Post a Comment