Thursday, July 11, 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments Review

Hello! :)
Have any of you tried the new Maybelline Color Tattoo Pigments?? Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadows are one of my favorite makeup products from the drugstore, so when I saw these new pigments I really wanted to try them. I haven't played around with much pigments before so I was really curious about these. I picked out two shades that are neutral and bronzy colors. Those are the colors that I wear the most in my every day makeup, but they do have some really pretty brighter colors in this collection as well. 

The colors I picked up are called Barely Brazen which is a shimmery champagne color, and Breaking Bronze which is a shimmery golden bronze color. 



Here are swatches of the two colors. Barely Brazen on the left, and Breaking Bronze on the right.

My Thoughts on these Products:

These are really beautiful and the color pay off of these is great. These pigments are really easy to blend as well. I applied them with a dry brush and they went on really well with a primer underneath. I have heard that it is good or easier to apply pigments with a wet brush, but I have not tested this theory yet since I am usually in a hurry while doing my makeup. I would like to try some of the other colors in this pigment line to see if I like them as much as these two colors. I believe I paid $5.99 for these at target, so they are a good product that is affordable, especially if you can create an eye look with only two colors!

Here is the look that I created with these:


I primed my eyes with the Mirabella primer and used Mac Paint pot in Bare Study as my base. I used Barely Brazen all over my lid, on my brow bone, and in my inner corner. I used Breaking Bronze in my crease and on my lower lash line. For my eyeliner I used Maybelline eye studio liquid eye pen, and Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero in my waterline. I used Revlon Lash Potion for my mascara.

I hope you all enjoyed this eye look and mini review! Thank you so much for reading! 









No comments:

Post a Comment