Sunday, August 18, 2013

Renaissance Festival OOTD + FOTD!!

Hey Everyone!! I don't know if you're familiar with Renaissance Festival, or if they have one where you live or not but basically it's a huge festival all themed for the Renaissance. You can dress up in costumes, see funny shows and acts, shop, etc. The festival comes to our area once a year for a little over a month. It's super fun and I absolutely love going. My husband and I go with our friends and we all dress up and have a good time. 
Today I wanted to share and outfit of the day of my costume I wear, and also how to did my makeup for my costume as well. I'll share some photos that I took at the festive as well! 

My Outfit
I have one of the gypsy style costumes. It has a skirt and two scarfs that you can use to tie different ways for the shirt. I used the green one to make a triangle top, and the dark blue one to make a shawl. It ended up being too hot outside and I didn't wear the shawl. I also have a skirt wrap with jingles on it, and for my shoes I have moccasins. My purse is a dark green leather cross body that is shaped like a leaf.

My Makeup

For my foundation I used the Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo foundation. This is great for hot weather, it didn't melt off my face at all! I used the Covergirl & Olay simply agesless corrector under my eyes. I used the Maybelline Dream Matte powder to set my makeup. I used Benefit's Hoola for my Bronzer and to contour my face. I used the Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Exposed for my blush, and the Balms Mary-Lor Manizer for my highlight.

For my eye makeup I used the Ariel Storybook palette. I primed my eyes with the Mirabella primer and used the Mac Paint pot in Bare Study as my base. I used the L'Oreal lineur intense liquid eyeliner, and the Urban Decay liner in perversion on my waterline. For my mascara I used Maybelline Falsies Big Eyes. I also used this Hardcandy loose glitter.






For my lid colors I used Atlantica (first light green) in my inner corner and Fins (second green shade) In the center on my lid. I used Jetsam (3rd shade on 2nd row) in my outter corner and crease, and on my lower lashline.

You can't see it well in this picture, but I used this Hardcandy loose glitter underneath my eyes for some shimmer. I love wearing lots of glitter during the renaissance festival!




Some more my pictures


Here is me and my husband in our costumes.

Our friends that we go with every year. :)

I hope you all enjoyed this post and thank you for reading!










No comments:

Post a Comment