Thursday, November 7, 2013

Stila All Over Shimmer Duo in Kitten Review!

Hello!!  I recently picked up the Stila All Over Shimmer Duo in Kitten from Sephora. I've had my eye on this duo for a while now but I never picked it up because for some reason I rarely purchase new highlighters.  This one is priced at $22 and you get two beautiful shades inside so in my opinion it's not too bad in price. A lot of other ones that I own/want are around $30 or more. 

The packaging for this is cute and both shades in this duo are so gorgeous. 

Swatches of the darker side on top and lighter side on bottom.
The bronze color is a little dark for me to use as a highlight unless I use it with a light hand. 
The lighter side gives off a nice glow with a pink tint. 
They are also super pretty when you mix them together.

The really great thing about this duo is that it's really versatile. Not only can you use it as a highlighter, you could either use the darker bronze color or mix them together and build up the color for a nice more natural blush.
Also these can be used as eyeshadows as well! Since the colors look so great together, you can throw the lighter color on your lid and the bronze color in your crease. This gives you a really light, natural look thats effortless but still pretty at the same time. 

This is how the duo turned out as eyeshadow, but I used a tiny bit on Satin Taupe by Mac in my outer corner to give my eyes a little bit more definition. 


I used this as a highlight on my cheek bones as well, but it didn't pick up well on camera when I tried to take a picture. 

Overall I'm pretty obsessed with this product. I can't believe I waited so long to pick this up and it's now probably going to be one of my favorite and most used makeup items! 

Have you tried this Stila Duo before? Tell me your thoughts on it! 





2 comments:

  1. I agree the packaging is so cute, and the shades are really nice! The colors look good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pilar! I'm such a sucker for packaging haha!

      Delete