Monday, June 9, 2014

Mac Alluring Aquatic Collection!

I know you have all seen the new Mac Alluring Aquaic Collection already, but I wanted to share the items I picked up from it!! I showed them in a recent haul post, but I totally spaced and forgot I wanted to do a more in depth post on them! 

So it's no secret that this collection has beautiful packaging. I won't lie, it's the reason I wanted to own some of it! I know I'm not the only one so that makes me feel a little better lol!! 

When this collection launched online, it sold out pretty fast. I really wanted one of the blushes, but I'm sure those probably were the first to sell out. 

So what did I pick up? 


I was fortunate enough to get a lipstick and an eyeshadow. The packaging is a beautiful, shiny, aqua color and it's textured with water droplets. 

The eyeshadow is in the shade called Lorelei. The first picture is of the eyeshadow and swatch taken without  the lash, and the right is with the flash. This is such a beautiful color and it looks stunning on the eyes. It's a super shimmery champagne/gold color. Its really buttery and blends out really nice too. I was kind of sad I didn't pick up more shadows from this collection after I saw how pretty this one was. 

The lipstick I got is called Siren Song. It's a very light nude color. I picked this one because I love nude lipsticks, but I was kind of disappointed in the lack of pigmentation in the one. You can see that it's very sheer, but it has a little sheen to it. It doesn't show up well on the lips, but I found that it works really well layered over just about any lipstick color to give it a nice shimmer/sheen to it!

Did you pick up any of this Mac collection? Let me know what your favorite is! 

14 comments:

  1. I wish I did pick something up from this!! The packaging is to die for! I think I am going to go hunt around and see if I can snag anything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should see if you can find something from the collecting! It's amazing :)

      Delete
  2. I didn't get anything from this collection. I love those colors. Neutrals are my favorite and they are stunning.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neutrals are my favorite too! I'm always getting things in the same shades but I can't help it lol!

      Delete
  3. Great post Ashley! The package is gorgeous. I actually didn't pick anything up from this collection lol. I've read and viewed so many reviews and I noticed people complained about the lack of pigmented on some of the items. That shadow you have looks very pigmented and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks pilar! Yeah I was disappointed in the lipstick but I found a way to make it work!

      Delete
  4. I wish is picked up more I the eyeshadows because they are so so good. I really love the bronzing powder I picked up!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was eyeing those bronzing powders but I couldn't tell online if I would have liked them or not! I should have just got one lol

      Delete
  5. i wanted these! i should have just gone to a mac store to see if anything is still available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sad how fast they sell out of their collections!

      Delete
  6. I am obsessed with that eyeshadow right now! I was at the beach when the collection launched, so I had zero time to pick anything up. I want to go to a MAC store soon to see if I can still get my hands on at least one product from the collection. That packaging it to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can still find some of the collection! And I would definitely recommend this eyeshadow!

      Delete
  7. Ah, I was so super tempted by this collection. Both the packaging and the shades are so lovely. Great picks! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete