Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner Review

The new 'They're Real Push Up Liner' by Benefit was really popular makeup item a month or two ago when it was released. The 'they're real' mascara is a well loved mascara in the beauty community, so naturally this new push-up liner was really hyped up. After a few months of debating on weather to try it, my curiosity got the best of me. 

This retails for $24 
  
What is it
From Benefits Website
'The first ever lash hugging gel liner in a pen! This matte black gel formula won't smudge, budge, or dry out, and the innovative soft AccuFlex tip hugs your lashes from corner to corner.'

This also claims to be 24 hours and waterproof.  

So the tip that the product comes out of is a rubbery slit, and the gel comes out when you twist the base of the pen. 

At first you have to twist it a lot before the product comes out. I got way too much out this time, but I wanted to show what it looked like. You definitely don't need this much product when you apply it to your eyes. 

My thoughts-
-I think is either one of those you love it or hate it things. 
-I think it is a bit difficult to apply, and definitely takes a lot of practice. It's best to use a little bit of product at a time and work with what you have rather than adding more. 
-I've always been a liquid liner fan, but I thought since this was in pen form, I would like it better than applying gel liner with a brush. 
-I don't really agree with it's claims that it won't dry out. The third (and last) time I used this, I found the product really dry and hard to work with. 
-I do think it doesn't smudge, so it's nice that it stays in place all day.
-With practice, this is nice for lining the top lash line, but I think it's hard to do a winged liner look with it.
-It's also kind of time consuming to apply. So I can only use it on weekends or when I have extra time in the morning. 
-I think it comes off easily whe using a makeup remover wipe, but I have not tested out the 24 hour or water proof claims.

Here's what mine looked like after I applied it. I had a hard time getting everything even and smooth looking. 

My final thoughts-
Is this worth $24? No. I prefer liquid liners to this one, and I don't see myself reaching for this liner very often. I like the idea of this product but it was a flop for me. I also think this is super expensive for an eyeliner! 

Have you tried this benefit push up liner yet?? If so let me know your thoughts on it in the comments!

12 comments:

  1. I am curious about this but I'm keen to find out how long one pen lasts with daily use which no one seems to know yet :/
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew that too! It's hard to tell how much product is in there.

      Delete
  2. You know I was thinking that too, that's a little expensive for an eyeliner. Too bad it was a flop for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way expensive compared to the $7 drugstore one I like better lol!!

      Delete
  3. i feel the same--def love or hate and i just didn't love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted to love it but it's just so tedious!

      Delete
  4. It cost me $35AUD, which is so expensive! I do really like it though, I think it's because that I have never use a liquid eyeliner before. I'm used to gel and this work for me. Super annoying when too much product comes out and I have to get rid of it.
    Natalie♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that is expensive!!! I think I would love it more if I was better at putting on gel liner! If I ever stop doing winged liner, I know I would use this more!

      Delete
  5. I have not tried this- I was warned off by the mixed reviews. Thanks for the honest review- I'll stick to my liquid liners.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't recommned it unless you happen to get a free delux size with a purchase or something!

      Delete
  6. Superb review Ashley! It is either a love or hate! I've been reading reviews and that's the way bloggers feel. I'm not touching it. HaHa I have difficulties with regular liner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! This one I definitely recommend passing on!

      Delete