Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Blogger Recognition Award

Hi friends :)

I was nominated for the Blogger Recogntion Award by my lovely friend Miriam! She has an amazing blog and she posts things from fashion and beauty to yummy recipes etc! Everyone please go check out her blog! Thank you Miriam for nominating me! 


Rules:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you and give a link to their blog.
  2. Write a post showing off the award. Give a brief summary of how your blog started and a piece or two of advice to new bloggers
  3. Select 15 blogs to do this award.
  4. Comment on their blogs to inform them of the award.
How I got my blog started 

I contemplated on starting this blog for quite a while before I decided to do it. I actually tried to do YouTube videos first, but this was 3-4 years ago. I was super awakward and nervous in front of the camera and didn't feel like I was myself while filming, so I stopped doing them. I would like to try to do them again someday though! Then a few years later I actually started a book blog, and had in the back on my mind to do a beauty and makeup blog too. I loved doing my book blog, but I didn't really have any readers or anyone who commented on my posts so I didn't have anyone to talk to about my books/posts. I started my beauty blog because I was inspired by a friend who had one and she encouraged me to make one too when I said it sounded fun!  I had both my blogs going for a while, but after I saw how much more activity was on my beauty blog and how many friends I was making on here, I stopped writing in my book blog. So that is how my makeup blog came about! I just kept the name simple as well- my first and middle name plus makeup! I've always loved writing and use to write a ton of short stories and poetry when I was younger, so this is a nice alternative since I don't feel as passionate about writing those types of things anymore! That is also something that I rarely share with people ;)

My advice to new bloggers

1. Be yourself and be honest!!! I love it when I can see/feel a little bit of someone's personality in their writing when I'm reading it! And always always always be honest when you are talking about products that you love/dislike! 

2. I'm going to agree with Miriam on her pieces of advice- interact with other bloggers! Make friends who share your interest and communicate with them! Also- it's really annoying when people leave comments asking if you want to follow eachother etc. First off, if you liked my blog you would follow me regardless if I wanted or not wanted to follow you back! And secondly, if someone visits my blog, comments, or follows me, chances are I'm going to visit your blog and follow you back anyways without you having to ask or return the favor! 

Who I nominate for this award! 

and anyone else who wants to do this!

Thank you all for reading and have a wonderful day! 

12 comments:

  1. I agree with the follow for follow comment. I have to confess that I did that for a day, I posted like 5 comments that ask if they want to do the follow thing but it never sit right with me. I kinda cringe while typing it and I told myself, never again. I blog for fun and I love interacting and if others want to follow me then I am happy and if they don't then it's okay too. xx

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone does that at least once right? Lol!! And I agree, I'll follow and read anyone's blog if I enjoy it and don't carr if they follow me back or not! I'd rather support other bloggers and make friends than worry about if someone is going to follow me back or not!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Miriam! And thanks again for tagging me!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the award Ashley! Thanks for nominating me! I should have this post up soon! I agree about the follow for follow comment. I'm going to add my thoughts about that on my post! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pilar! I can't wait to see your post too!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your award Ashley. So deserving. I want to do YouTube videos also, but I'm not quite ready yet. Blogging has been a comfortable and happy medium. HaHaHa When you do get a channel. I will definitely follow. You're true to yourself and honest about products. I can respect that. You're my blog friend. I SO AGREE about F4F! That is so aggravating and disrespectful. Many bloggers only seek followers, instead of building a quality blog.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kim!!!! I would totally follow your toutbue channel if you ever made ones too!! Yes blogging is a happy medium I agrere!!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the nomination, and thanks for nominating me too! I love writing as well. I fell out of it after I finished taking my English classes in college, but I'm really happy that I have a blog that I can write in regularly. I'm also happy that I got to make awesome friends like you! I love interacting with other people through our blogs, it's nice to know that there are other people that share your interests and/or spend ungodly amounts of money on makeup :P

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! I'm glad I get to make awesome friends through blogging like you too!! I've always wanted to take english classes if I went back to college!

      Delete