During the Sephora VIB sale I picked up the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. This is definitely a 'luxary' item for me and it's something that I would not have picked up without the 20% off coupon that I had.
For so long I saw so many people talk about this on YouTube and in the blog world and it's something I always wanted but never thought I would have. I didn't exactly understand how to use it so I did a lot of research on it before I got it.
This retails for $58.
I'm going to post some info on these from the Hourglass website.
"Create your perfect light with this palette featuring three shades of Ambient Lighting Powder. Each of the high-tech, soft-focus finishing powders recreates an exquisitely flattering light source. The powders can be applied individually or layered to imbue skin with a multidimensional glow."
• Powders mimic universally flattering light sources, not unlike having a personal lighting technician at your disposal.
• By manipulating and filtering out harsh light, powders conceal skin imperfections, pores and wrinkles.
• State-of-the-art formula delivers a multi-dimensional luminescence to every skin tone, making it appear softer, younger and perfectly lit.
• Universal powders make them suitable for every skin tone, while each can be worn day and night.
• The finishing powders enhance skin in any type of light, including flash photography.
So bascially in a nutshell, these powders are used to 'mimic' how your skin looks in different light sources to give you a flawless finish.
When I fist saw these I thought they were all highlighting powders. They are more so finishing powders that give you a natural glow without looking like you have just highlighted your whole face.
Now for some info about each powder
• DIM LIGHT: A neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights a radiant complexion with the perfect balance of warm and cool tones.
• INCANDESCENT LIGHT (exclusive to the palette): An opalescent pearl powder that brightens the complexion with a celestial glow.
• RADIANT LIGHT: A sun-kissed golden beige that enhances the overall complexion with believable, subtle warmth, and also extends a summer glow.
These look way more shimmery and pearlized then do on your skin, which you will see in the picture below.
Radiant light, Incandescent light, Dim light
How I use these
-So bascially, I use Dim Light all over my face. I use it after I apply setting powder, my blush and my bronzer.
-I use Incanscent Light to highlight my cheek bones.
-I use Radiant Light over my bronzer and blush in my cheek area. I think this one would be nice all over the face in the summer too.
My overall thoughts
-I am seriously in love with this palette and I think it's well worth the money. It might not seem like it's super spectacular, but once you use it/see it in action, it's amazing.
-I use Dim light and Incandescent light everyday, but I hardly use Radiant Light. That one is still something I need to play around with more.
-These look a lot more shimmery swatched then they do on your face, I like I said earlier. They blend out to a nice glow.
-The Incandescent light is seriously the most gorgoues highlight I've ever used.
-These look so natural and beautiful on the skin. I'm not really into super glowy/dewy looks but this one just looks like your skin has a natural glow to it!
-I would definitely purchase the full size of Dim light, sadly Incandescent light is only exclusive to this palette!!
Have you tried out this Ambient Lighting Palette?? If so, leave your thoughts on it in the comments!