Sunday, February 8, 2015

Urban Decay vs L'Oreal |Spray or L'Oreal Infallible Pro-MatteSpray & Set

Hi :)
Today I'm going to be comparing two makeup setting sprays. One is from the drugstore, and one is high end. I've been using the Urban Decay All Nighter Spray for years but I was really curious about the new L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Spray & Set! This was one of the items in my January favorites, so I obviously love both of these. So let's compare them!



Urban Decay All Nighter Spray
-Can be found at Sephora, Ulta, UD's website, or any department stores that carry this brand. 
-1 fl oz is $14 (delux travel size) and 4 floz is  $30 (full size). 
-I've repurchased this countless of times. 
-It works amazing for keeping makeup in place all day.
-The white packaging get super dirty, but easy to clean with a makeup wipe. 

L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Spray & Set
-Can be found at local drugstores.
-3.4 fl oz for $16.99.
-I've been using this for almost a month, and this also works great for keeping making in place all day.
-The black packaging is nice and doesn't get as dirty as the white, and also can be easily cleaned with a makeup wipe. 

Final Verdict 
-For a little more than half the price of the UD,  you get almost the same amount of product in the L'Oreal one. 
-The UD All Nighter costs $7.50 per fl oz, and the L'Oreal Pro Matte cost $5 per fl oz. 
-The L'Oreal one is more convient because it's avalible at the drugstore.
-I do think the UD one is really great, and if you feel like splurging then I really recommend it. But I think the L'Oreal one works just as great.
-I will probably be saving my money from now on and going for the L'Oreal one! 

I've also tried out the Kat Von D Lock-it setting spray, and the UD de-slick setting spray and did not care for either of them so I went back to the UD all Nighter at the time. These two that I just compared are the best ones I've tried before. 

I've considered trying out the one by Elf and Nyx, so if any of you have tried those or want to see a review on them as well let me know! 

Have you tried out either of these setting sprays?? Also, If you have a favorite one that I haven't mentioned let me know about it in the comments! 
  

10 comments:

  1. i've tried them all, minus the de slick. i'm dry so slick it on, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, I've never used setting spray. I rarely find my makeup sliding off thanks to my dry skin and these days I rarely wear makeup for a whole day. I'll probably put on some at 9-10am and remove all latest by 8pm but without being outside that much, my makeup usually stays in place.
    The L'Oreal one sounds pretty good, might pick that up to try and see what's the fuss about setting spray. xx

    Hope you had a great weekend, Ashley!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good to try if you will be going out or going somewhere where you know you want your makeup to last!! I usually don't have a problem either but once I started using these I couldn't stop haha!

      Delete
  3. I have never tried a setting spray Ashley! This is so good to know, because I'll buy the l'oreal brand instead if I do. With all the humidity we have in New Orleans spring and summer this should do the trick! Awesome review!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! These are awesome for summer time and humidity!! The L'Oreal one its really great, give it a go!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you wrote this review Ashley because I've been thinking about looking into a setting spray for my makeup. I usually don't have too many issues with my makeup staying in place, but I would still like to try a setting spray. I have the Evian Facial Spray that I did a review on, and it has multiple purposes that includes using on top of mineral makeup. I like to use that spray to give my face a refreshed look and hydrate my face. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I would love to read your thoughts on the other setting sprays you might write about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pilar, I'm glad this was helpful to you! I think you would really like either of these, and they are great in the summer time when it's humid!

      Delete
  5. I use mineral water sprays like Pilar as well, but I was super curious about the L'Oreal one, so I am gonna pick it up if I see it. My skin/makeup can definitely use the extra help right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used those kind before!! I hope you can find this one to try out, let me know if you do!

      Delete