Sunday, March 1, 2015

February Life Post + Video

Hello! Happy March 1st!! Today I'm going to blog about my life in February! I also have another Document Your Life Video to share, which I will post at the end of this video!

Lets start off with me being sick for the past week. I got stuck with a cold and horrible headaches. Which is why I have not blogged much this week. I've been feeling blah and haven't even wanted to put on makeup or do anything fancy with myself. Thank you all for your get well wishes on my last post, it really made me feel better! This has also set back my workouts and fitness routine which sucks so hopefully this week I can get back into it since I'm feeling mostly better now. I have some healthy food and fitness posts ideas that I will do soon, as well as some exciting beauty posts!

At the beginning of the month my niece and nephew had their birthday party so I will share some pictures from that.
She turned 4 on valentines day and is my favorite little person in this world!
My nephew turned 1 on the 12th, so it was exciting having his first birthday!

Heres the 'fancy' dinner I made on Valentines day for my husband.
On the 16th we went to a Detroit Red Wings Game, which was his presents from me on Valentines Day. I was so excited when I booked the tickets a week ahead of time that I had to tell him because I'm so bad at keeping secrets about presents haha!
For Valentines Day my husband finished one of our extra bedrooms into a beauty room/office for me. I wasn't aloud to see if until it was done and I was super excited about it! He picked out all of the furniture, paint colors, etc. Now I have a place to do hair, makeup, and film youtube videos (maybe).
Last weekend we got to celebrate the Chinese/Lunar New Years which was so fun because we have never experienced it before. Everyone I work with is from Vietnam and they were kind enough to invite me and my husband over to celebrate. We got to eat a ton of delicious traditional Vietnamese food, and yay lucky money!
And here is my cats cuddling because its a rare sight so I had to take a pictures.

Extra bits-
-I've been addicted to watching Gossip Girl on Netflix. I'm almost done with sea on 5. My husband and I have been watching season 3 of American Horror Story on Netflix and its soooo good! Do any of your watch this??
-We've also been obsessed with American Idol. I think there are a lot of great singers this year!
-I finished reading The Winter Rose, and now I'm reading The Wild Rose which is the third and last book in the series. I also read The Duff, and I kind of want to see the movie. 
-Speaking of books, all I've wanted to read lately is historical fiction ever since I've started The Tea Rose series. I also have The Other Boleyn Girl, Outlanders, and Fall of the Giants in my to read pile. Someone tell me some other good ones to read!



So there is my DYL video for February! Enjoy!

Did you guys have a good February? Let me know if you did anything fun in the comments!







15 comments:

  1. Hi i am izmirleydisi. i have a blog. Do you want to join the 8 March Bloggers Meeting ? :) Please come and meet new friends :) Thank u ! :)
    http://izmirleydisi.blogspot.com.tr/2015/03/8-mart-blogger-bulusmas-8-march.html?showComment=1425237770136#c618951602016229735

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these posts/videos! Your husband is so cute, the room is perfect! Happy birthday to your niece and nephew x
    Freya's Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Jenny! And I do love the room it's so fun to have! And birthdays for little ones are the best!

      Delete
  3. Great post Ashley! I loved watching your document your life video for last month! It looks like you had a pretty good February! Your beauty room/office looks so nice, that was super sweet of your husband! I hope you feel better soon! Omgosh you watch AHS too?! It's really a good show! Have you seen any of the past season of AHS Freak Show yet? It was a good season as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pilar!!! And no I haven't seen any of freak show yet!! My husband watched the first season and we watched some of the second together. so we are on the witch coven one and its so good!!! Is freak show scary?? Sounds like it would be haha!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! AHS Freak Show was kinda scary not too bad thought it was more creepy than scary especially Twisty the Clown and the character Dandy. Still a good season though! I need to catch up on Coven. I missed last season, but so many people said it was good!

      Delete
    3. See I hate clowns so I think it will really freak me out! And I agree that this show isn't really scary just super messed up!!

      Delete
  4. Ashley, I hope you feel better soon. Being sick sucks and all awhile you're thinking about everything you want to do but can't because you're feeling bag. Your niece and nephews are just too cute! Love the dinner you prepared for your hubby for Valentine's Day...Love the strawberries, candles and wine. So sweet. Your husband is the best. Love the makeup room he created for you. Love that chandelier. Your cats are just too cute! Again, feel better soon. ((HUG))
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kim, for all your kind words!!

      Delete
  5. Aww, your niece and nephew are super adorable! And LMAO at the cat chasing the laser. My little one was doing the same too the other day. I got myself a keychain torchlight which comes with a laser, tested it out and he was crawling everywhere trying to catch it.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shireen!!! And that is so funny!! I'm sure your little one had fun though!

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you're feeling better now. Your niece and nephew are so cute! Ahh your hubby did a great job on your office, I love the color. :)
    ♥Natalie
    Yours Truly, NY

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you're feeling better. he did such an awesome job!! i LOVE how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete