Monday, April 27, 2015

Favorite Makeup Brushes

Hello! Today I'm going to be sharing my favorite and most used makeup brushes! These are the brushes that I use on everyday basis, and very rarely stray from! I am a firm believer that brushes are important in makeup application, and when you have good quality brushes your (makeup) life will change!

 This is a post that I've been meaning to do since I started my blog almost two years ago! The reason I haven't done it is because I'm super lazy when it comes to washing them LOL. 

Ok long intro aside, let's get into the post! 

Foundation 

For foundation application I use my Sigma Flat kabuki F80 or my Beauty Blender Sponge. These are both amazing and give a nice and flawless finish. 

Concealer 

To blend my concealer I use one of these three brushes. From top to bottom- Elf small stippling brush, Real Techniques Stippling Brush, Sigma Tapered Kabuki F86. These all work great for blending my under eye area. The Sigma F86 is super soft, which is why I like it for the under eye area. The Elf and Real Techniques ones are super affordable and work great to buff product into the skin. They can be used for foundation too! 

Bronzer 

For bronzer I use the Sedona Lace 850 Large a Angled Contour Brush . I actually see a lot of people on YouTube use brushes like this for a blush brush but I like how I can fit this right into the gallows of my cheeks for contouring. 

Blush and Blending

For blush I use the Sedona Lace 813 Duo Fibre Brush. I don't necessarily think this is made for blush, and it is quite large but I really love how well this blends and buffs my blush into my skin. For blending I use the Real Techniques Multi Task brush. After I apply my bronzer and blush, I use this one to blend them together. 

Highlighting 

To apply my highlight powders I use the Sigma Tapered Highlighter F35 and the Nars Yachiyo Brush #27. The Nars brush was a total impulse buy during a VIB sale last fall. I do like it but there are definitely brushes that was just as good but wat cheaper out there. The Sigma one picks up powders really well that some of my other brushes don't. 

Eye Brushes 

These are two random ones but the top one is from the Balm (give crease a chance). I got this off of Hautelook on a balm event and it's become one of my favorite brushes. I use this for applying shadow into my crease. The smaller brush is a Real Techniques brush I think it's called the small Definer of something I can't remember. I use this for applying shadow to my lower lash line. 


And lastly are these 3 Sigma eye brushes. From top to bottom- Blending E25, Tapered  Blending E40, and Eye Shading E55. These are all amazing eye brushes, especially the E40. Like I said before about brushes being important in makeup application, I feel even stronger about it with eye brushes. If you have a great blending brush, then eye makeup application will make your life so much easier. If there's one brush I say to splurge on, it's a good blending brush!!

This concludes my post for all my must have brushes! I hope you guys enjoyed reading this! What are your must have brushes?  Let me know in the comments!

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you do use LOTS of brushes! LOL! I have Real Technique stippling brush and hands down it's the best for cream blushers. I usually apply foundations with my fingers because I'm just too lazy to wash brushes. LOL! :-P

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally hate washing my foundation brushes the most so I understand haha! They are such a pain. I can see the stippling brush being good for cream products!

      Delete
  2. Love the look of your sigma kabuki you use for foundation, I use an ecotools one which is pretty similar! x
    Freya's Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the sigma one is great!? I'll have to look for that Eco tools one, I've been wanting one that's similar because it gets dirty so fast!

      Delete
  3. Great post Ashley! I love that you have different varieties of makeup brushes! I really like the quality of RT brushes. When I first started using them last year I thought the eye brushes were going to be hard to use because the bristles are so full and thick, but I was so wrong! Now RT eye brushes are my favorite to use! I still want to try Sigma and Sedona Lace, I hear so many positive reviews about their brands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pilar! And I agree, real techniques brushes are really great! From the Sedona Lace set I have, I don't care for the eye brushes, actuslly the only two I like from them are the two that I showed. I much perfer the sigma ones!

      Delete
  4. Loved this post! You definitely put some eye brushes on my list that I need. I recently got a beautyblender and I adore it to pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked this, Margo! And I hope you try out some of the eye brushes! beauty blenders are amazing, I'm glad you got one!

      Delete
  5. Ashley, this post was AWESOME-SAUCE! I was going to send you an email, asking you to do this. I just bought my FIRST beauty blender. I've been watching YouTube videos and was smitten. I can't wait to try it. I've only used powder, blush, eye shadow and concealer brushes. There's SO MUCH I need to learn. HaHaHa Have you done a post on contouring? I just purchased some palettes and need to play with them. Again, watching YouTube videos. HAHAHA If you've done a post on it, let me know. Thanks!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim, I'm glad you liked this post and found it helpful! We must think alike if you were going to ask me to do this haha!!! I really think you'll love the beauty blender, it's amazingness! And it took me a while to learn and find what brushes work best for me, so don't worry! And I have not done a post on contouring, I'm still working on my contour skills lol!!

      Delete
  6. I am obsessed with my Beauty Blender...I can't use anything else for foundation! And I agree, the E40 is a MUST have, definitely worth the money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the BB is the best for foundations! It's so flawless!!

      Delete