Thursday, July 9, 2015

Stila Stay All Day Bronzer Review

Hi :)
I picked up the Stila Stay All Day Bronzer a few weeks ago and I'm ready to share my thoughts on it. This was sort of an impulse buy for me, but when I saw how pretty it was I couldn't help myself. 

Here's photos with no flash (left), with flash (right) and a swatch. This comes in 3 shades- light, medium, and dark. You can find this at Ulta and Sephora (both online and in stores) for $36. I found that in store at Sephora only offered the shade medium, but they have all three on their website. Ulta has all three in stores and online. The color I chose was Medium. This comes with .53 oz of product, while other bronzer that I own come with .28 oz (Nars and Benefit) so it's quite large in comparison for around the same price. 

Bronzer Claims 
From Sephora.com
What it is:
A lightweight, matte-satin bronzing powder for the face and body. 
What it does:
This oil-free bronzer sculpts and shapes your features while creating an allover, glowing look. Its velvety texture blends seamlessly onto the face and body without streaking or caking, and the fade-proof pigments stay true all day. The patented, high-performance pigments are uniquely coated to provide superior wear, higher color payoff, and a softer texture for the ultimate, healthy-looking glow. 
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates 
- Phthalates

•Pros
-The price is good for the amount of product you get. 
-The packaging is beautiful and comes with a large mirror inside. It's very slim so great for travel and storage. 
-The shade range is nice.
-I do agree with the claims that it stays all day and doesn't fade. 

Cons
-I found this medium shade to be kind of light for me, which was surprising. It swatched really nice in stores and looked more cool toned but I thought it was kind of warm on my skin. It wasn't orange so that's a plus, and it is slightly buildable but that's kind of annoying. 
-It doesn't blend as well as my other Bronzers do. 

Overall thoughts 
-This is just an okay product for me. I like it, but I don't love it, and I don't hate it (does that make sense??). 
-I love how much product you get, but this isn't one I'll reach for often. 
-If my skin was more tan then I definitely wouldn't be able to use this for contouring, so if you skin tone is darker than mine I wouldn't recommend it. Maybe try the darker shade, but I think it would be too dark for me. 
-If you're new to the bronzing and contouring world and you have a lighter complexion, then you might like this!
-I'm also kind of not surprised that I feel this way about it because I haven't had much luck with Stila eyeshadows, but I really was hoping to like this! 
-I would rate this a 3/5 stars!

Have you tried out the Stila Stay All Day Bronzer? What is your favorite bronzer??



17 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this but it does look so pretty when I saw it in store! I think I will pass though. I love my Physicians Formula bronzers or Too Faced Sun Bunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to try physician formula bronzer!! And yes skip this one there are a lot better ones out there!

      Delete
  2. I rather pay that price and get less product but with great quality. There's no point getting tons of product if the quality is just okay. I find Stila can be more miss than hits. The one product that I can't be without from Stila is the Convertible Colors, they are brilliant!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you Shireen! I'd rather have something nice that I would use all the time. And I'll have to check those out!!

      Delete
  3. Shame this wasn't amazing but the swatch looks pretty x
    Freya's Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the honest review Ashley! My favorite bronzer is Motives pressed bronzer in California Girl. It looks orange in the pan but it doesn't apply orange on the face at all. At least not mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out that bronzer! At least it doesn't look orange, and then apply orange haha!

      Delete
  5. thanks for the review--i would probably skip it now thanks to you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried a bronzer from Stila. Honestly, there are a lot of bronzers that are just okay to me. I definitely don't check them out unless I see rave reviews because most I have found are just average. I totally understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot are just okay too and with my pale skin tone a lot of them look orange! I get what you're saying!

      Delete
  7. I'm finding a lot Stila products to be that way Ashley. I've never purchased them, but people always gave me some of their stuff and I was less than impressed. LOL So I've never been excited to make a purchase. I'm using a Too Faced bronzer and Benefit's Hoola. I don't have much bronzing experience. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I think you'll love Periscope. You don't have to give a broadcast...you can listen to them. And if you tap the screen, you can give hearts to the speaker (like LIKES). I hope you join.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone else feels this way about the brand lol!!! I love the benefit and too faced one too!

      Delete
  8. I've never purchased a Stila product, but thanks for your honest review! The color looks so pretty! The only bronzer that I've use so far has been my Victoria's Secret bronzer in Goddess. It's too bad VS doesn't sell it anymore, but at least I have two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't care for many Stila products. And I've heard that VS stopped making a lot of their makeup!

      Delete
  9. I am not really into bronzers, I feel like they all look extremely orange on me, even if they aren't. I'm weird! LOL!
    I love the packaging, Stila is really upping their game in the packaging department. Too bad it didn't blow your socks off!

    ReplyDelete