Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Quad Review

Hello! In my recent haul I shared that I picked up one of the new Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Quads, and today I'm going to share my thoughts on it!


These come in four different shades and they cost $26. All four of the quads are beautiful and they are all matte shades. 


The one I picked up is called Rust and it's full of warm toned colored and is described as 'brownish reds', which are my absolute favorite eyeshadows to wear. 


The back of the box shows you what each shade is suppose to be used for and there's also a little booklet that comes in the box too. I kind of follow this, but not exactly. You can really use these how ever you want to. 


I use the first larger shade as a transition color, then I use the third shade over (the orange one) in my crease. I use the second one over (dark brown) in the outer corner and to deepen up my crease. I use the last shade (cream color) on my lid. I never use a brow bone highlight, which is what it's suppose to be for, and I use it on my lid because I like lighter lid colors when I use darker colors in my crease. 

My overall thoughts
-I'll just come right out an say that this quad is so amazing that I actually went into Sephora yesterday and almost bought another one, and the larger shade and light palette that Kat Von D came out with first. I held myself back but I'm seriously thinking of getting the larger palette. 
-These shadows are so buttery and smooth, and they blend super easy. You can tell a great quality shadow when you apply them, and these definitely are amazing. 
-The pigmentation is great and I never get any fall out when I use these. 
-One of the things that I love the most about this quad is how big the transition shade is. I seriously hit pan and use up transition shades the fastest in palettes, so I can really appreciate that the one included in this palette is double the size of the rest of the shadows. 
-I've been using this non stop since I got it and it's quickly became one of my favorites. 

I've been super impressed with everything that I've tried from Kat Von D's makeup line, and this eyeshadow quad just makes me love her makeup that much more. 

Have you tried any of these eye quads? What's you're favorite from Kat Von D's makeup line? 

No comments:

Post a Comment