Thursday, June 9, 2016

Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit Review | That Glow

Hello! It's no secret that I am obsessed with the Anastasia Glow kit that I purchased recently! I shared it in a Friday Favorites post and in my May Favorites video earlier this week!

Today I'm going to be sharing my review for the glow kit in That Glow, showing swatched and all that fun stuff, and telling you guys why this palette is freaking amazing. 

These retail for $40. You get four highlight powder that are pretty big, so if you break it down that comes out to about $10 per highlight. Which I personally think is an amazing deal, since they are great quality, and you could not get a high end highlight powder this size (or any size) for $10. Her other single highlights are $28, just saying! 

From left to right-
Sunburst- 'a bright , luminous gold with a metallic finish'. This look super yellow on the pan, which turned me off at first, but as you can see it's a gorgeous golden/champagne shade. This one is definitely my favorite. 
Golden Bronze- 'sultry, warm bronze with a gold-flecked finish'. For me this shade has to be used with a light hand since it's a deeper color. This would look beautiful on anyone who has a nice tan, or deep skin tone. 
Bubbly- 'rose champagne with a pearlescent finish'. This is another stunning shade and next to Sunburst it's my second favorite. 
Dripping in Gold- 'lavish gold with a vivid, reflective finish'. This one is super similar to bubbly, and almost looks identical swatched and in the pan. I find the Bubble is more intense, and Dripping in gold is a bit more subtle. 

My Thoughts
-As I've said a hundred times already, I'm in love with this palette. The colors are stunning and the pigmentation is awesome. If you want an intense highlight, then these are for you. But if you aren't into intense highlights, then these can definitely be used with a light hand for a more subtle highlight. 
-I actually prefer these over my Becca Moonstone highlighter, which I never thought I would say. So if you are a fan of Becca highlighters, then I think you'd love these palettes. 
-My only complaint is that I wish there was a mirror in the packaging, and I kind of wish that Bubbly and Dripping in Gold we a bit more different. I still love both of them so it's okay, but it would have been nice if they were a bit more different. 

I had a hard time choosing between this one and the one called Gleam, which is more pink toned. I would love that one too, and the new one called Sun Dipped (it's similar to That Glow) but I would feel that had an excessive amount of highlighters if I owned them as well.

If you were thinking about purchasing one of these palettes, I 110% recommend them!

What is your favorite highlighter? Let me know in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment