Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Hi friends!

I've been testing out the new Wet n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation for about a month now and I though I would share my thought on it with all of you. I was pretty excited when this Foundation came out, and after hearing a ton of amazing hype about it, I definitely knew I had to try it. Wet n' Wild is a brand that's been on my radar lately because 1. they are cruelty free, and 2. they are ridiculously affordable.

I don't normally have high hopes for cheaper drugstore makeup, even though you and I both know that dispite there being tons of gems in the drugstore among the hits and misses of certain brands, I always assume the worst for some reason. But after hearing all the hype of this in the beauty community, (and my drugstores being out of stock of this baby for weeks) I did in fact, have high hopes.

This foundation comes in 20 different shades and it is said to have been tested in 7 different types of lighting conditions to make your skin look flawless in every single one of them. Those seem to be some hefty claims, and if you want to read more about which light settings they tested in then you can click here.

This foundation is ridiculously affordable at $5.99, which had me even more curious to try it.
The packaging is really nice, with a glass bottle and there is a spatula attached to the lid for easy application. I thought this was a bit weird at first, but I actually like it. I prefer foundations that come with some type of applicator, so that was a win in my book.

My Thoughts

-This foundation applies really nice and has a great formula. It goes on matte, which is always a plus for my combo oily skin. It dries super fast, which I've heard complaints about, but doesn't bother me since I apply my foundation in sections.
-It has medium coverage that I don't find to be very buildable. It feels light weight on the skin.
-I've applied it with a beauty blender, the Sigma F80, and the Wet n Wild Flat Top brush, and they all work well and pretty much the same. I've also tested it with a few different primers, and setting sprays, concealers, etc. and always seem to get the same results with it.
-I do find this to be long wearing, but my only complaint is that my face does feel pretty oily at the end of the day. However, even though my face feel a bit oily, the makeup still looks good and doesn't look like a cakey mess. I'm not sure I would recommend this to someone with super oily skin, unless you can get it to work with some good mattifying products.

So overall, this isn't the absolute best foundation that I've tried, but I think it's pretty good for how affordable it is. For now, I'm really enjoying it and it's been my most used foundation lately. I'm attempting to go cruelty free with my makeup so this is one that I will definitely reconsider repurchasing in the future.

Have you tried the Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation? 

No comments:

Post a Comment