Wednesday, June 19, 2013

June 2013 Ipsy Bag

Hey Everyone! My favorite time of the month is when I receive my Ipsy bag in the mail! For any of my readers who don't know what an ipsy bag is, it's a monthly subscription to ipsy.com where you pay $10 per month and you get a makeup bag with 4-5 deluxe samples (or sometimes full size) makeup and beauty products in the mail. I thought I would share with you all the items I received for the month of June and my thoughts on them as well. 


I first want to say that this is my favorite makeup bag that I've ever received from Ipsy. I love leopard print and this bag is just way too cute. The products I got this month were a Sparking Cream eyeshadow Palette by J Cat Beauty. A lip pencil by Starlooks. A highlighters pencil by Chella. A Nyx Cream Blush. And a pair of false lashes also by J Cat.

Here are swatches of the highlighter (top), lip liner in the color Tipsy (middle), and the Nyx cream blush in the color Tea Rose (bottom).  I actually really like the highlighter and blush. I thought the blush was going to be too orange, but once it's blended in it kind of dilutes the color. 


This was my first time using a cream blush. I still prefer powder blushes but I was surprised that it was easier to apply than I thought it would be. Nyx is a really great brand of makeup and I have always wanted to try their blushes. 


Here is a photo of the blush and highlighter. I don't have the best lighting, and my iphone doesn't take the best pictures but I tried! 


I wasn't too crazy about this glitter palette. I don't usually wear a ton of glittery things. I thought that I would try it out anyways, so I used the 4th color over that is a silver ish. 

This pretty much just ended up making a huge mess on my eyes. The cream glitter ended up creasing and clumping up on my eyelids. I ended up taking it off because it looked really bad. 


I don't wear false lashes because I already have long lashes, but maybe I could use them for halloween or something! I also did not try out the lip pencil because it is a bit too orange for me. 

Over all I liked my bag this month. I am usually never disappointed in my ipsy bags. 

I hope you all enjoyed this post and thank you for reading! 








No comments:

Post a Comment