Saturday, July 27, 2013

Disney Ariel Storybook Palette Review

Hello everyone! Today I am going to be reviewing the Sephora Disney Collection Ariel Storybook Palette and showing 3 eye looks that I created with it. In my last post, which was the Ariel Part of your World Palette review, I talked about how I love Disney and Ariel, and that I was so excited for this collection. I am absolutely obsessed with this storybook palette and can't get enough of it. I've been using this non stop since I purchased it, and playing with a lot of bright colors that I don't normally wear.

Gorgeous Packaging.

An overview of all the shadows.

Here is a close up of the first two rows. I will post swatches below.
Top row of Shadows. From left to right- Blue Lagoon, Scuttle, Flounder, Sebastian, and Flotsam.
Second row from left to right- Sea Shells, Les Poisons, Caspian Sea, Your Voice, and Unfortunate Souls.

3rd and 4th row of shadows.
3rd row from left to right- Atlantica, Fins, Sick of Swimming, Ursula, and Sha la la.

Last row from left to right- Triton, Wanderin' free, Jetsam, Sea Witch. and Treasure Untold. 

Look #1- Mermaid Makeup 


For this look I used Atlantic all over my lid and in my inner corner/inner lower lash line. I used Les Poisons in my crease as a transition color. I used Fins on the outter half of my lid and blended it up into the crease. I used Jetsam in my outer corner area and in my lower lash line. I used Sick of swimming as my brow highlight.

Look #2- Sea Urchin

For this look I used Wanderin' Free all over my lid and inner corner. I used Ursula in my crease and blended it out. I used Sea Witch in my outer corner area and blended into my crease and lower lash line. I used Treasures Untold for my brow highlight.

Look #3-  Ocean Eyes

I used Your Voice on the inner half of my lid and inner corner. I used Blue Lagoon on my center on my lid. I used Unfortunate Souls in my crease as a transition color. I used Caspian Sea in my outer corner area and blended it into my crease. I used Sea Shells for my brow bone highlight.

My Overall Thoughts on this Palette:

Out of the three disney palettes I own, this is my favorite. The colors in this are beautiful and really pigmented. There are so many different looks that you can do with this palette, and it's really versatile since there is a lot of color varieties. I was happy that this one had better color pay off than the Part of Your World Palette! 

I am also planning on doing a post with looks from my Cinderella Storybook Palette as well! 

I hope you all enjoyed these eye looks than I created and thank you for reading!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment