Monday, September 2, 2013

What's in my Travel Makeup Bag + Everyday Makeup Essentials

Hello Everyone!! Over Labor Day weekend, My husband and I went up to Northern Michigan for a long weekend. We stayed in a city in the Upper Peninsula called St. Ignace, which is a city right after you cross the Mackinaw Bridge. I mostly just took my everyday makeup items that I use with me so I thought I would share here my blog what I brought with me! 


This probably looks like too much makeup for three days right? Lol.


I brought my Kat Von D foundation and my Covergirl outlast foundation with me since these are my two favorites. I also brought my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, covergirl & Olay simply ageless eye corrector, Revlon Color Stay Concealer, and a Maybelline concealer stick.

These are the primers that I use everyday on my eyes. Mirabella primer and Mac Paint Pot in Bare Study.

Here is my brow products that I use everyday. The Nyx brow kit, I mainly use this for the little spooly that it comes with and occasionally the light powder to set my brows. My favorite brow pencil is the Mac retractable pencil in the color Brunette. I also brought the Revlon brow fantasy pencil because I use the eye brow gel in it.

For my blush, bronzer and Highlight I bought the Elf Golden Bronzer, which is a product that I use almost everyday for a subtle all over bronze look to my face. I also brought my Nars Laguna bronzer and Deep throat duo. This is not an everyday item of mine but I thought I'd cut down on how much products I brought with me by binging a two in one product. I brought Nars Albatross for my highlight. 

For my eyeshadow I just kept it simple and brought my Naked Basics palette. It's small and great for travel. I forgot how much I loved this palette so I was happy to use it again all weekend. 

For my eyeliners I brought L'Oreal Lineur Intense liquid eyeliner and L'Oreal extra Intense liquid eye pencil. These are my two favorite liners at the moment. I also brought L'Oreal telescopic for my mascara. 

I brought a travel size of the Urban Decay All Nighter spray. For my lips I just brought my Urban Decay lip gloss in the color Wallflower. This is my favorite lip gloss ever. 


I also kept my brushes really simple. I brought my beauty blender for my foundation, my Real Techniques Blush brush and Couture brush. Elf Kabuki brush for my powder. For my eye brushes I brought two blending brushes, an angled shader brush, a dome shaped shader brush and an eye brow brush. 



Thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoyed my travel makeup bag post.
Leave comments on what your essential travel makeup items are! 










4 comments:

  1. Great post! I tend to overpack everything lol even if it's for a short trip. I try to limit my makeup to basic essentials lipsticks, face powder, eyeshadow etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely over pack as well! I tried really hard to restrain myself on this one lol! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Haha there is NEVER such thing as too much makeup for travel. Good choices. Do you like the Kat Von D foundation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know it's better to bring a lot of makeup than not enough right??
      And Yes I loveee the Kat Von D foundation a lot!! it's really full coverage, it covers everything!! It's kind of thick so I like to use it with a damp beauty blender because its easier to apply that way!

      Delete