Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sigma Brushes Review!

Hello beautiful people!! 

A few weeks ago I picked up a Sigma Brush set and it was the first time I purchased any brushes from Sigma. The set I picked up was the Beauty Expert Box designed by Jacyln Hill. This contained 7 brushes, three face and four eye brushes. I'm going to talk about each individual brush and what I like to use it for! 

This was limited edition for March only but I'm sure there will be other sets in the future! This set was $90, and used a 10% off code so with that plus shipping I think it paid $85. Compared to their other sets, which run around $150 and more, I though this one was a pretty good deal. 
So here is all the brushes. I was the most excited about the face brushes that came in the set. 

Face Brushes

The top one is the F80 flat top Kabuki. The middle is the F86 Tapered Kabuki. The bottom is the F35 Tapered Highlighter. 

F80- This was probably the one I was most excited about. I've watched countless of YouTubers talk about how great this foundation brush is. And I couldn't agree more! Before this brush, I wasn't a huge fan of of using a brush for my foundation and I used my beauty blender more. Now I am completely in love with using a brush. This blends the foundation into your skin so flawlessly it's amazing. 

F86- This was another brush that is talked about a lot and I was excited to try it. Everyone that I've seen talk about it uses it for under eye concealer even though that's not what it's made for. Of course I followed suit and try it out that way too! And I absolutely love it. It's so soft and gentle on the under eye area and it blends so nice without making your concealer crease or look cakey. 

F35- Before this brush I was using a fan brush or my fingers to apply highlighters to my cheek bones. This brush has completely changed that! This applies the highlighter so nice to your cheek bones it's unreal. What I love most about this one is that it picked up product so well. I have highlighters that don't get picked up with my fan brush and I have to dig another brush or my finger into them to get product. This brush totally took care of that problem! 

Eye Brushes

From top to bottom there is the E40 Tapered Blending, E25 Blending, E55 Eye shading, and E30 Pencil. 

E40- This blending brush is really similar to my Mac 224 blending brush which has always been my favorite. The E40 works just as great. It's super soft and fluffy and blends shadows out flawlessly. 

E25- This is a smaller blending brush. I like to use this one for a more precise crease look since it's smaller. 

E55- This is such a great shadow brush. It's great for packing on color and fits perfect under the brow bone because it's still small and has a great shape. 

E30- I think this brush is great because it's versatile. It can be used for an outter v color, or on the lower lash line! 

This is all for my review for the Sigma Expert Beauty Box Brushes!! I hope you all enjoyed my review!

What are your favorite Sigma Brushes?? 

7 comments:

  1. So I visited the Sigma store over break and picked up three brushes too. I have never done a review on my brushes, but I probably should b/c I really like some of them and some are not even as popular as Sigma. Anyways, nice review. If you had to pick: beauty blender or the F80 or some other buffing or stippling brush like by Real Techniques or Sonia Kashuk? What else could the F80 be used for? Buffing out blush? I don't wear foundation, but I might for my wedding and not sure though if I should purchase such an expensive brush for only one time use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally do reviews on your brushes! I love to see them!! I would say it would be a tie between this f80 brush or my beauty blender! I think the f80 would be good for powder products too or cream blush/bronzer BUT I think a stippling brush like the real techniques one might be better for buffing out blush or bronzer then the f80. The RT one is much more affordable too and also works great for foundation so if you don't wear it that much but want to for your wedding or randomly id go with a cheaper alternative or even the real techniques miracle complexion sponge instead of the beauty blender since that can be pricey too!

      Delete
  2. I really really want to try a Sigma brush or five haha. I'm hoping for some extra funds to buy some for my birthday, if you have to pick like 2, what would they be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love them! This was my first set haha. If I had to pick a few, I'd pick all three of the face brushes in this post! They are so amazing. I like the eye brushes too but they didn't wow me like the face ones did!

      Delete
  3. i love Sigma brushes !!! great buy doll :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is definitely the F80 and E25. I really want to try the F86. Great selection! Wish I'd picked up this box when it was available.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete