Sunday, February 1, 2015

January Lifestyle Post + Document your Life Video!

Hi friends :)
Almost a year ago I was doing weekly posts that had updates with my life and photos of what I was doing, and I stopped doing them because I became bored and let's face it- my life isn't super exciting. So I thought I would do monlthy ones instead and have been meaning I do them for a while. I thought this would be a good time to start since it's the beginning of the year!

So basically I'm going to share some fun things I did during the month, share some personal favorite things, and just talk to you guys! I love reading personal posts from my friends that I follow so I can get to know them better so now I'm doing the same. 

Also I'm excited to announce that I'm going to participate in Document Your Life this year on YouTube! These posts will kind of go along with the videos, and I'm super excited to partake in this. Also please note that I am not very good at editing vidoes and this is the first one I've ever done ha ha. Hopefully next month my editing will be a little bit better now that I've learned how to use my camera more (and that I need to hold my cell phone sideways so my videos will be full screen >.<). I will link the video at the end of the post if any of you will want to watch it. 

Anyways- lets get into what I was up to this month! 

It's currently snowing like crazy outside! Also- happy super bowl Sunday to any of you who watch it (I do not ha ha ha). 

We've been working on a home gym in our basement and now we have all of our equipment. 
Hubby and I have spent a lot of time on fitness and eating healthy this month. I'm super excited about it and can't wait to see all of my progress and share it through the health and fitness posts that I have planned for my blog!

I've been working on reading this massive book all month. It's about 700 pages and I'm half way through. It's the sequel to the Tea Rose, which I read in December (also massive) and it became my favorite book I've read, so everyone who loves to read should go check it out! This second book is really good too, and there's a third that I'm going to read next. 

We went to the Frankenmuth Snowfest last weekend with friends. It was super fun but really cold out! You'll see some video clips from it if you want my video at the end!
We are at the Brewery while we were there. So yummy!

I think that's about all the excitement I had in January. Not too much was going on so hopefully February will be more exciting! 




Enjoy my video if you want to watch it! Thank you all for reading! 
What was the highlight of your month? 

18 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Ashley, I have so much to say- 1st of all let me start by saying that your video was beautiful, thank you so much for sharing a little video of yourself and those you love, it was really REALLY nice, and it genuinely cheered me up and made me smile, so thank you again. Second of all you and your husband are the freaking cutest! You guys look great together (I laughed at the part in the video where the camera was facing the guys, and I mouth read him saying"What the fuck? haha). Your basement gym... omg I WANT! Would you be interested in doing a book review on Tea Rose? I really want to find books worth reading. I can't wait for more videos, great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Miriam thank you so much for all your kind words!! I'm so glad you enjoyed my video! that makes me so happy that it made you smile!! And hahaha yeah I laughed at the 'what the fuck' part too! They thought I was taking a picture and then I told them I was recording and he said that LOL!! I had to put it in though lol!!
      And I will totally do a review for the tea rose! It's such an amazing book so I think you would like it! I'll do one soon!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely loved the video and this post Ashley! What a great way to show more of your personal life! The snow looks so pretty! You and your husband make such a lovely couple! Are you planning to make any makeup related videos too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pilar! I'm so glad you liked my video! I really want to do some makeup videos too but I'm so camera shy lol! I acually filmed one last month trying to talk about my yearly favorites but the lighting was so bad and I felt like I wasn't in a good position from the camera lol so I didn't post it. I might try to do another one soon though!!

      Delete
    2. I hope you'll do a makeup tutorial video soon! I look forward to that. xx

      Delete
    3. I hope I do too! I'll try not to be camera shy lol!!

      Delete
  3. that snow thing would be fun to see! i don't mind the cold but the WIND! forget it. no thanks wind! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun!! And yes I totally agree- wind is so evil!!

      Delete
  4. Love the video, Ashley! It's really lovely to see you and your love ones. You know I'm a huge fan of personal post and this video is just another level of sweetness!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shireen!! I'm so gald you enjoyed the video and post!!

      Delete
  5. You guys are the cutest couple! You KNOW I love your home gym. So jealous of the space you guys have for it! Fabulous convenience!!! It motivates you to stay fit. That snow festival looked awesome. I love festivals. I love that you're documenting your life Ashley. The video of it is just fabulous! Great job! Thanks for sharing!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim!! Im super thankful we were able to put the gym in our basement!! I love festivals too, it was a fun one!

      Delete
  6. You are adorable!! I am so jealous of your in home gym!! That is awesome :) I love seeing/reading about your life, can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you margo! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

      Delete
  7. Okay this was such a cute video! I absolutely loved seeing what you've been up to. I thought your editing was good! Love that song too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun month! I tried doing these types of posts every week but it just felt like I was doing stuff to have it on the blog, if that makes sense? I'm way too busy to be doing exciting things every week, so once a month is a good start :) Already commented on your video, but you and your hubby are really cute together!

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks becky!!! And I felt the same way about the weekly posts! I think I got the idea of doing them from you actually!!

      Delete