Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solution Clarifying Toner

Hello! Today I'm going to review a new toner that I've been using for about three weeks. I haven't tried much of Burt's Bees skin care before, but I was desperately in need of a new toner. Since I wasn't able to pick up the usual witch hazel toner that I use, I picked up the Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solution Toner. 

Funny enough, I was at my local grocery store when I picked this up, and they don't have the best selection of skin care products but they did have a display of Burt's Bees. Since I try to use things on my skin that are more natural on my skin, I had about two toners from Burt's Bees to choose from. I picked the Acne Soltion one because my skin gets pretty acne prone, so I thought, why not? I wasn't expecting much, I just needed a toner. 

From Burt's Bees website 
Formulated with skin clarifying Witch Hazel and Lemongrass, known for its astringent properties, our best acne facial toner removes lingering traces of cleanser, dirt, oil and make-up. Our clarifying toner also has Salicylic Acid, derived naturally from Willow Bark Extract, to penetrate pores, reduce acne and prevent future breakouts. The result is naturally clear, healthy-looking skin.

• Removes residual cleanser, dirt, oil and make-up
• Helps reduce acne and prevent future breakouts with Salicylic Acid, naturally derived from Willow Bark
• Formulated with skin clarifying Witch Hazel and Lemongrass
• Designed for acne-prone skin
• Noncomedogenic 
• Dermatologist Tested 
• Non-irritating

My Thoughts
-I am seriously so pleasantly surprised by this toner. I really didn't expect much from it like I said before ,I just needed a toner and this seemed like the best option for my skin.
-This removed so much extra dirt and makeup from my skin after I cleanse my face with my usual cetaphil cleanser at night that I'm actually questioning how well the toners I was using before this one worked. 
-It makes my skin feel very clean and fresh. It does have a drying feeling afterwards, which I'm guessing is due to its acne reducing properties. This doesn't bother me since my skin is oily, and I moisturizered afterwards anyways. 
-I can 100% agree with its claimed to reduce acne, and it has faster than any skin care product that I've used. Right after I bought this, I used a night serum from Estée Lauder that broke my face out so bad and since I was using this, noticed the blemishes were healed in 2-3 day, rather than the usually week or so they take to go away.
-It also non irritating like it claims also!
It has a nice scent that's a bit citrusy, which I really love. 

The only downfall that this is only 5floz for $10, and the rose water witch hazel I normal buy is 12 floz for the same price. Since this works so well though, I think I'm okay paying the $10 for less product but I'm still sad that I get so much more in the other toner. 

This is definitely a toner that I'll continue to buy and that is going to be a staple in my skin care routine! Now I'm kind of wanting to try some other Burt's Bees skin care products! Do you have any favorites? 

Also, I have a slightly random question for you guys. I have two post ideas for Friday this week. Would you guys rather see a food related post, or a kind of motivation/inspiration post? I'm trying to do more lifestyle posts on Fridays, so which ever one I don't do this week, I will do next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment