Monday, April 18, 2016

FOTD | Teal Spring Makeup

It finally feels like spring time here in Michigan! I'm super excited to do some spring makeup looks and pay around with some fun colors. If you saw my colourpop haul a few days ago, then you know I orders two teal shadows and I said I was going to do a FOTD post using them! Teal is very out of my comfort zone, but I was really excited to use these two shades because they are absolutely stunning. 

This is also a look inspired by one that Hailie Barber did on her YouTube channel. I ordered these teal shadows and honestly wasn't sure what I was going to do with them. When I saw she posted a tutorial for an eye look with a pop of teal using the same shadow I got, I was super excited and knew I had to re created the look she did!


Face Makeup 

Elf Acne Solutions foundation, Mac Pro Longwear Concealer, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, Elf Contour Palette, Kat Von D shade and light blush duo in Mickey and Mallory, Coloupop Wisp Highlighter. 

Colourpop Lippie Stix in Oh Snap

Eye Makeup 




I wanted to use some warm brown shades in my crease. I chose to use the Too Faced Semi Sweet palette for the peanut butter shade. 
I started by using Mac Painterly Paint Pot to primer my eye lids. Then I went in with shadows from the semi sweet palette. I used Mousse as my transition shade. Then I used Peanut Butter and buffed it out into my crease and outer corner. I used Puddin' very lightly in my crease to darker it up a bit. 
I next went in with the Coloupop shadows. I placed Flower Shop all over my lid. I used Alchemy in my inner comers, and Belladonna Lily all along my lower lash line. 
I totally forgot to take a photo of my liners and mascara, but I used my usual Maybelline line stiletto, Stila smudge stick black liner, and covegirl super sizer mascara.  

I was really happy with the way this came out. I totally wish I would have filmed a tutorial on this look instead of just taking photos! 

Do you have any fun shadow colors you like to wear in spring time

*I'm planning on reviewing one of the products I showed in my 'currently testing' post on Friday! Which would you guys like to see? I either want to do the Elf Acne Solutions Foundation, Elf Illuminating Eye Cream, or the Wen Ultra Nourshing Oil. Let me know what you guys think!*

No comments:

Post a Comment