Thursday, January 5, 2017

Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Review

Hellllo! Welcome to my first makeup review of 2017!

Today I'm sharing my thoughts on the Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics palette that I received in the holiday gift box from Ulta during their Joy it Forward program. 

I was ridiculously excited to see this in this box because I'm a huge fan of Urban Decay Shadows, and I have purchased and collected every Naked palette that they came out with besides this one. I secretly wanted this palette but kept telling myself I didn't need it. Let me tell you- if you're an Urban Decay shadow lover and think you don't need this palette, you do. You need it. Not to be an instigator or anything, but this palette is amazing. 

The packaging is a rose gold color and it is plastic sturdy material, has a magnetic closure, a huge mirror, and comes with a duo ended brush. I'm a huge fan of UD brushes and this one is excellent quality. 


Similar to their other Naked Basics's palettes, everything is matte except for one of the lightest shades (first on top row) which has the tiniest amount of shimmer. This palette has 12 shadows, all neutral, but it has some more fun neutrals with the plum tones, a burn orange shade, and a pretty blueish-gray. There's both warm tones and cool tones, so there's something that everyone would love.

Here are the swatches of the top and bottom row. From left to right (top)- Blow, Nudie, Commando, Tempted, Instinct, Lethal. Bottom row- Pre Game, Extra Bitter, Faith, Lockout, Magnet, Blackjack. 

 These honestly didn't swatch the best and mine are a little bit built up. When I first swatched them I felt a bit underwhelmed, but that all changed as soon as I applied them on my eyes. They definitely apply to the eyes a lot better than they swatch. 

The texture is buttery and smoothe, and these shadows blend out amazingly. I find these mattes to be better quality than the mattes in some of their other palettes. I usually don't have issues with any UD mattes, but I've heard some others say their mattes in the Naked Smoky palette weren't their favorite. I can't honestly say that the mattes in this Ultimate Basics palette are way creamier in my opinion. 

Overall I'm definitely happy to have this in my collection. It's totally worth getting and I highly recommend it, even if you own too many neutral and UD palettes. This is all that I've been reaching for when I do my eyeshadow and I get super excited every time I use it! I also think this would be a great palette to travel with because its not very big, its sleek, and it has every shade you'll need. 

If anyone wants to see a tutorial using this palette let me know and I'd be happy to do one. I tried to take photos of the eye looks I did with this, but for some reason the photos just didn't do justice, and I can never see to take a good photo of my eye makeup anymore.

Have you picked up the Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics palette? 

No comments:

Post a Comment