Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Nyx Ritualistic Illuminator Review

Hello! Happy Valentines Day lovelies!

Today I'm sharing my thoughts on the newest edition to my highlighter collection. I received the Nyx Illuminator in Ritualistic in the Ulta beauty box I received in December from their joy it forward program. I haven't tried any highlighters from Nyx, so I was happy to see this in my box. I'm going to try and keep this review short and sweet so I don't ramble on too much!

These Nyx illuminators come in a few different shades. Ritualistic is a pretty white gold shade, which is what I tend to gravitate towards when choosing highlights. These are super affordable at $8.99 and can be found at Ulta, and Nyx's website. Target may have them as well, but I haven't personally looked. My local target just stepped up their game and added a tons of Nyx makeup, which is a nice change from their small section they use to have.


From Ulta's website 
"Brighten up your skin with any of these Illuminators by NYX Cosmetics. The radiant shimmer diffuses light so your skin looks softer and younger while adding a subtle glow. Gleam through the day wearing any of these Illuminators for a natural touch of radiance! Complements the structure of the face with a touch of luminosity."


My Thoughts
This definitely matches the description and brightens up your skin with a subtle glow. It is not a super intense highlighter, and anyone who loves a nice subtle sheen to their cheeks should check this out. The formula isn't super soft or buttery (like Anastasia or Becca highlighters), so I think that makes it perfect for not picking up too much product and giving you a highlight seen from space. I love the white golden shade of it, and I'm enjoying wearing this on days that I don't want an intense highlighter. It's super affordable too, and total steal! 

Have you tried any of the Nyx Illuminators before? If so, share your thoughts on them in the comments! 



No comments:

Post a Comment