Friday, April 21, 2017

Foodie Friday | 3 Easy Dinner Recipes

Happy Friday friends!

Before we get into today's 'Foodie Friday' post, I wanted to thank everyone for their kind words, congratulations, and encouragement in this post where I talked about opening my own Etsy shop! It means the world to me, and another huge thank you to everyone who made purchases! If you haven't already, you can check out my shop HERE.

Now for today's post! I haven't done a Foodie post in a while, and today I'm sharing 3 Easy Dinner Recipes that I've been loving and that are a staple on my house! Also, I eat very plant based, but just remember that if you choose to eat meat, then any of these recipes are super easy to add your favorite meat into!

Street Corn Tostadas with Cilantro Lime Rice

I have Carah Amelie on YouTube to thank for this recipe! It is ridiculously amazing and it's my absolute favorite recipe right now!



What you'll need
-1 can of corn (you can use frozen or Fresh if you like)
- 1 can of refried beans
-Chopped Onion
-Chopped Cilantro
-Chopped Avocado (1 whole)
-Mayo (vegan or non vegan)
-Salt
-Pepper
-Chili Powder
-Tortillas or Tostada shells
-Rice
-Lime juice
-Taco seasoning

Directions
-Cook your corn, and chop veggies while it cooks
-Put cooked corn, onion, cilantro, avocado, and spices into a bowl. Add in some lime juice and mayo to taste and mix it all up.
-If you need to fry your tortilla, add some oil into a pan and do so. This is what I did, my grocery store didn't have any Tostada shells, but they were super yummy fried up!
-Spread some beans onto the Toastada and top with corn mixture.
*Also in Carahs video, she added Queso Fresca cheese and sour cream into the mixture. Do so if you like, although the recipe was very yummy without it!*

The rice is super simple! Cook up some white rice, once its finish add in cilantro, lime juice, and taco seasoning.
I also didn't have an exact measurement for the onions, cilantro, or mayo. I just added in how much I thought it needed. You could also add things like black beans, chopped peppers, lettuce etc. to this, or leave out any of the ingredients that I listed if you don't like them!


Loaded Veggie Pasta
This recipe I have Liv's Healthy Life  on Youtube to thank for, and it is also so freaking good as well!


What you'll need
-Pasta of your choice (I use speghetti noodles, but this is super good with tortellini too!)
-One 14 oz can of tomato sauce
-One tablespoon of Tahini (this seriously makes the pasta dish!)
-Parmasen Cheese or Nutritional Yeast
-1 tsp of Cane or Coconut Sugar
-Spinach and other veggies of your choice (I used carrots, zucchini, and bell peppers)
-1 cup milk of your choice (I used rice milk)

Directions
-Boil pasta
-Stir fry your veggies (all but spinach) and add salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to taste
-Once veggies are cooked, add in the cane of tomato sauce, tablespoon of tahini, tsp of sugar, tablespoon of parmasen cheese, and milk of your choice
-Once the sauce cooks for a few minutes with the veggies, add in spinach. Cook for a few more minutes until it wilts. Add in pasta.

This is super easy to make, and the sauce is amazing. The Tahini and sugar sound like a weird thing to add to tomato sauce, but trust me, those added with the milk make the sauce so creamy and rich!

Stir Fry with Spicy Honey Tofu and Homemade Spring Rolls 


What you'll need
-Rice
-A block of extra firm tofu
-Veggies
-Soy sauce
-Rice wine vinegar
-Teriyaki sauce
-Honey
-Red Pepper Flakes
-salt and pepper

Directions
-First cut tofu into cubes, add into a bowl with 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tsp red pepper flakes, 1 tsp rice wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Marinate for at least 15 minutes. Bake in oven at 375 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, take out and flip, cook for another 20 minutes.
-Cook rice while tofu is cooking, and stir fry veggies. I like to cook my veggies in teriyaki sauce.
-After tofu is done, I like to take the rest of the marinade and put it in a fying pan, fry the tofu for a few more minutes.
-I also added in peanuts to my veggies mixture. Once everything is done, plate it up!

We also made homemade spring rolls, by adding broccoli slaw and bean sprouts to an egg roll wrap, and frying them in a pan with oil.  If you don't like tofu and choose a meat option for your stir fry, I recommend using the marinade I used anyways! It's delicious!

So those are my three easy and go to dinner recipes! I hope you try them out!

What are your favorite go to dinners?




No comments:

Post a Comment