Monday, July 31, 2017

July Favorites

Hello! Happy Monday! 

Today I'm sharing my July Favorites, and this month I have a mix of makeup, skin and hair care, food goodies, and books! I'll keep this intro short, and we'll just get into it. 



MAKEUP 
I have to mention the Naked Heat palette because I'm seriously obsessed and it's all I've been using. I reviewed it last week here in case you missed it, but this is seriously the best Naked Palette that Urban Decay has came out with!
I've also been using the Urban Decay Single Shadow is Walk of Shame, because the Naked Heat palette doesn't have a shade for me to set my eye primer with. Ounce is a bit too light and has a tiny bit of sheen to it, and Chaser works best as a transition shade for me. W.O.S is a tiny bit lighter than Chaser, so its perfect to place all over my lid up to my brow to set my primer. 
I've been trying out the new Covergirl Healthy Elixir Foundation and I really like it! I bought a shade darker than I normally would and it matches my self tan perfect. I'll probably purchase the a shade lighter in the Fall time when I'm not self tanning, that's how much I like it. I'll do a review for this soon, if anyone is interested. I also mentioned a while ago that I will only be purchasing cruelty free makeup from now on, but I cannot for the life of me find a drugstore foundation or concealer thats cruelty free that I like. :/
A nail polish that I've been in love with is Essie Chills & Thrills. It's such a fun blue color for summer time, but this would also be great for fall and winter too. I don't paint my finger nails anymore, but I love this one for my toes!

SKIN AND HAIR CARE
I absolutely love this Burt's Bees Acne Solutions Cleanser that I reviewed at the beginning of the month (click here if you missed it!). I said in my review that I might not repurchase it because of how small the bottle is, but I've definitely changed my mind and will be repurchasing it. The bottle is nearly empty and I will be getting another one soon. This cleanser is seriously amazing and my skin has been looking really great with hardly no breakouts since I've been using it. 
For hair care I've been loving this Not Your Mothers Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray. On days that I wash my hair, I don't like to style it so it can have a break from heat. I will let my hair air dry instead, and I'll use this sea salt spray to give it some texture. It doesn't give me amazing mermaid waves of anything, but I still like it and it smells amazing. 
I've also been enjoying this Ion Titanium Pro Spiral Curling Wand. My Mother in Law gifted me this for my Birthday last month, and it makes such pretty curls/waves! You can find this baby at Sally's if any of you are interested in where it came from. 

BOOKS
I've been struggling to enjoy reading lately. I've only read 2 books so far this year! I read the Fantastic Beasts and where to find them screen play earlier this year and that was it up until last week. I decided to pick up a few of my favorite books that I've already read to try and get me back into reading. Last week I read Looking for Alaska by John Green, which is my all time favorite book (or at least tied for my favorite with The Tea Rose). I've read this 4 times now and I swear I'll never get tired of this book. Now I'm reading The Outsiders, which I've probably read at least 5 or 6 times already since I was 12. It will always be one of my favorite books.
I usually share my favorite Netflix shows in my favorites, but I currently don't have any to share. I watched Weeds all last month, and now I'm finished and can't find a good show to get into. If you guys have any recommendations, let me know!

FOOD GOODNESS
Last month I shared my love for the GFB bars, and this month I have a few new ones that I've been enjoying. First is these Kind pressed fruit bars which are so so good. My favorite flavors are the Strawberry Apple Chia, and the Mango Apple Chia. And the best part about these is the ingredients- all thats in them are chia seeds, apple, and strawberry/mango.
I've also been enjoying theses Larabars and my favorite flavor is the chocolate chip cookie dough. These also have great ingredients in them and they definitely cure my sweet tooth.
My biggest tip for a healthy diet is to look at the ingredients of what your eating. Know whats in your food. If it has a long ingredient list, and there are things in there that you can't pronounce/don't know what it is, then stay away from it!

So this wraps up my July Favorites post. What have you been loving this month?

Extras-
-I think its time to get my wisdom teeth out. I should have gotten them out years ago but I'm a baby. I got a bad infection in my gums/teeth area where a bottom wisdom tooth is under my gums. Thankfully its better now, but I couldn't even close my mouth because it was so swollen and painful back there! 
-My 4th Blog Birthday was as the beginning of June. I completely forgot about it until a few weeks ago. So instead I want to celebrate Pilar whose 4th blog birthday was on the 27th, and Lily whose 4th blog birthday was on the 29th. I love both you ladies, and I wish you many more years of blogging success!!







No comments:

Post a Comment