Monday, December 16, 2013

December Ipsy Bag 2013

It's time again to share what came in my Ipsy bag for December! I'm not sure what the theme was for this month, because I didn't look at any sneak peaks or what was in my bag this month. I let it all be a total surprise! 

The bag this month was black with kind of a shinny plastic look to it. I never really use these bags unless they are really cute or big, so this one I didn't really care about. 

This item is an eye trio from pop beauty. I got the trio with the white, silver, and black. The colors had okay pigmentation when swatching them. I saw some videos with this trio but had brown and neutral colors in them, which I would have liked better because I rarely wear silver or white. 

These are some falsies from salon perfect. I never wear false lashes because mine are already super long. I will pebbly end up giving these away. 

I was pretty excited about this brush from  Mirabella. It's an eye blending brush and you can never have too many blending brushes! 

This product by Bombshell is a three in one cream stick product. You can use it on your cheeks, eyes, or lips. Kind of similar to the Nars multiple sticks. I don't think this is something that I would use on my eyes or lips but maybe as a blush. The color looked kind of iffy to me at first, and I don't usually like cream cheek products unless it's a highlighter. The first swatch is of the product applied directly to the skin, and the second is the product blended out. It has a shimmer to it, and it's a bit scary when first applied but once it's blended the color is pretty.

This is a lip crayon/pencil by J cats. I don't know how many times Ipsy will send me red lip products that I won't use. Red is not my color lol. 

My over all thoughts on this months bag
Besides the brush and maybe the bombshell blush stick, I wasn't too impressed. It's nice they sent me false lashes and eyeshadows (which normally I would be excited about the shadows) but I just won't wear these colors or the lashes. Or the red lip pencil lol!  I hate to complain, but please Ipsy stop sending me red and orange tones products! These colors aren't for me and I always end up getting a lot of them haha! 

What did you get in your Ipsy bag this month? 


8 comments:

  1. Too bad this month's bag left you unimpressed. I'm kind of glad I looked at the reviews and YouTube video review's because I wasn't too impressed either. I really wanted to try a bag this month lol I'll just purchase one sometime during next year! Great review! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bags are definetly hit or miss, but the majority of the time I like them!!

      Delete
  2. i got the same except polish instead of the brush. i've been a member since the first bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been a member for a long time too!! I love when they give out polishes :)

      Delete
  3. I got the same lip crayon and tint stick. I wasn't too impressed with that eye trio either.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get the brown eye trio? I probably won't even use mine lol

      Delete
  4. hi doll ... i don't know if you have noticed but the GFC followers has been removed :( i am following you on bloglovin . please mine too so we can stay in touch . Trying to find all my friends since i don't remember any of there blog URLs :( xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! Thanks for letting me know!! I did follow you in blog lovin a few days ago :)

      Delete