Hey guys!! I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Hillary from Beauuty and Curls ! Thank you Hillary, and everyone please go check out her awesome blog!!
The rules are quite simple :)
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog in your post.
2. Display a picture of the Liebster Award in your post ( I got mine from google).
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about you (I love this rule the most).
5. Nominate 5-11 blogs who have less than 200 followers.
6. Make up your own 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer.
7. List the rules in your post (you can copy and paste these ones if you'd like)
8. Don't forget to let the people you nominated know that you nominated them. Send them the link to your blog so they can get the information.
My Questions from Hillary:
1. How long have you been blogging?
1. How long have you been blogging?
Since June 2013!
2. Why did you start a blog?
I first tried YouTube videos a few years ago but was awkwardly camera shy so I thought blogging would be a better fit. I actually started a book/reading blog first but then made a makeup one and found it more fun. One of my friends had a beauty blog so that is was inspired me to start one. I still want to try youtube again someday!
3. Are you a pessimist or an optimist?
As much as I try to stay optimist, I tend or worry and stress out about a lot of stupid things.
4. If you could, what would you tell your younger self?
Everything will be fine LOL. When you look back a few years from now, none of this stuff that seems important will be.
5. When you were younger, what did you picture your life to be like at this time?
I don't really remember honestly. I don't think I thought much about the future when I was younger like I do now. I was much more carefree.
6. Do you have a guilty pleasure?
Coffee coffee coffee!
7. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Meeting and interacting with others who share my interests! I've met a lot of great friends through blogging and I couldn't be more thankful!
8. What keeps you motivated (to blog)?
Pretty much the same answer as the question above! My motivation comes from being able to share my interests, great makeup looks and products, etc with you all.
9. What are your goals in life?
Travel the world!
10. Are you following your dreams?
Maybe some of them, but definitely not all that I should be!
11. Chocolate that tastes like dirty cardboard or hard stale cake?
11 random facts about me
1. I'm a video game nerd.
2. I love to read.
3. I love living in Michigan. The change of season and thr Great Lakes are my favorite things about here.
4. I could live off of Asian or Mexican food.
5. I have two cats and they are my babies.
6. I'm obsessed with Netflix.
7. I have my cosmetology license.
8. I'm happily married.
9. I never got into makeup until a few years ago. All though Highschool and my early twenties I hardly wore any.
10. I love to cook.
11. Coffee from Starbucks makes me happy.
Thank you again Hillary for tagging me! I'm going to tag anyone who wants to do this and let me know if you do so I can check out your answers!!
congrats! loved learning more about you!!ReplyDelete
I really enjoyed reading this post. What kind of books do you like to read? I love to cook too! And Mexican food-amazing! :) I'm now following you, I love your blog!ReplyDelete
Aw thank you for following me!! I'm glad you enjoyed reading this!! I really like any kind of books, but I read a lot of young adult fiction and fantasy! I also love books from Nicholas Sparks, and some historical fiction too!Delete
Congrats Ashley! I tell myself now that everything will be fine especially when I stress about stuff lol! However, my mom always used to say (and still says now) things work out for the best! That is a good thing to keep in mind! I rarely wore makeup in high school too! I just kept things simple when I wore it to school. Great answers!ReplyDelete
Thanks Pilar!! Things really do work out for the best don't they? It's funny how our beauty and markup routines change too haha!Delete
I'm so happy you enjoyed doing this, and being able to learn more about you! I'm the same with with trying my best to stay optimist, very hard sometimes. And that's so awesome you have your cosmetology license! I was going to school for cosmetology last year, however, the school I was going too wasn't that organized with teaching. I'm hoping to try another school next year. You should write a post about your experience with going to school!ReplyDelete
Thanks Hillary! I'm glad Ypu enjpyed reading this :) I definitely think if you find a cosmetology school it needs to be a good and organized one!! I will do a post on my experience but I've been done with it for like 6 years so I'll try to remember stuff haha!!Delete
I want to try Youtube videos, sometime! I feel like I'd be really camera shy as well. Everyone worries about silly little things, and I think you're on the path of "growing up" when you realize how silly or unimportant some things were. And early twenties.... I'm sure I've said this before, but you look really young, 20 or 22 at most!ReplyDelete
becky ♡ star violet
Haha you're do right! A lot of things seem so silly from when I was younger!! And I know I totally don't look as old as I am LOL!!! You should definitely try youtube!Delete
This was great! We share lots of the same interests! I love Netflix, asian and mexican food and had 2 blogs before this one. One was a personal blog, where I was so sad and depressed at the time. It was private except for close friends. I finally got over it and started a fashion blog, but I got tired of talking about fashion all the time. So I shut it down. HAHAHA Then A Very Sweet Blog, where I can talk about anything sweet. But my love is MAKEUP! So cool you went to cosmetology school. I want to take a makeup course, but I don't want anything stressful. So not really sure where to begin. Great post Ashley.ReplyDelete
Thanks for reading Kim!!! I use to have personal blogs too when I was younger! I'm glad you are writing about stuff you enjoy now!!Delete
I would love to take a mskeup course as well! If you are interested, there are online mskeup artist classes. I'm not sure how they work exactly, but I've heard good things about QC makeup academy online! I'm pretty sure you can go at your own pace too!