Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Eye Makeup for Red Lips | FOTD

Hello! I'm pretty new to the world of wearing red lips (i just made that up. I don't know). A few days ago I really wanted to wear red lips but I was kind of stumped on what kind of eye makeup to wear. The last time I wore them I just did a wined liner and no shadow, but I knew I wanted some shadow this time. I did a warm neutral eye look that was a tiny bit smokey so I thought I would share in case someone else is stumped like I was!


For my face 
Benefit Porefessional, Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation, Mac Pro Longwear Concealer, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, Doll 10 Cheek to Chic Paulette for my bronzer, blush, and highlight. 

Lips 
I used Nars Velvet Matte Lip Crayon in Curella and Cailyn Tintef Lipgloss in Love Affair on top for some shine. 

For my eyes 



I used the Tarte Tartlette Palette. I used free spirit all over the lid, dreamer in the crease, multi tasker slightly in the outter corner and lower lash line and fashionista along the upper lash line. Fashionista is the black color in the palette, I used it as eyeliner and then smoked It out with a brush. I applied Loreal gel liner on top of that and did a winged liner. I used Loreal liner intense liquid liner on top to make it a little darker, and Loreal silkissime pencil liner in my water line. I used Covergirl Super Sizer for my mascara. 

I hope you all enjoyed this post! What's your favorite eye look to wear with a red lip? Let me know in the comments! 

*also this is a random side note, but have you guys noticed that when I film my eyes look super gray, but in pictures/real life they are green/blue? Stupid lighting lol!*

23 comments:

  1. I always think that a neutral eye with golds or browns or very natural shadow looks best with a red lip. I love the look you created. Great job! I'm so jealous of how good you do your winged liner haha I gave up all together and don't even do eyeliner on the top anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanya!! This winged liner has taken me so many years of practice! And I agree that neutral looks best with red lips too!

      Delete
  2. How pretty! You did a wonderful job on your makeup! You rock red lips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I usually go for winged liner and falsies, but I like this look, subtle but pretty. You have great lashes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lily! I think falsies look so pretty with just winged liner!

      Delete
  4. You should wear red lipstick more often, it really suits you =) <3 <3 <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a gorgeous look Ashley!! I think it is too funny that on the same day we both posted a look using Cruella. Beauty Blogger esp haha. I am so obsessed with cruella and I love love love it on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margo! And LOL we are blogger twins!!! That is too funny. And i love Curella too! It's an amazing red!

      Delete
  6. Pfft! I told ya red lips would look amazing on you! ;-) Seriously though, absolutely gorgeous and I honestly love you with red lips than your usual nudes. It looks like your complexion is glowing, hope you're more comfortable with red lips now.

    Btw, eyeshadow, gel liner and thennnnnn liquid liner? Girl, you crazy but damn, your winged liner is perfect! Haha! xx

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Shireen!! Red lips are just so different for me but I'm getting more comfortable wearing bold colors! Especially since it's Fall they are more appropriate for me!!
      And LOL oh yes this winged liner was a process. I don't know why I made it so difficult haha!

      Delete
  7. It's a beautiful look Ashley! With a red lip, I keep it pretty neutral with the eyes. I'm going to add more mascara like you! It looks so good with it.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim!! I think dramatic lashes look so great with red lips!

      Delete
  8. I never paired smokey eye or bold eyeliner with red lips before, but it looks good and not so intimidating on you! I usually only wear a little cat flick to go with red lipstick

    Sitha | lemmeswatchit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually just do a winged liner too but I thought I would try something new!

      Delete
  9. I think the combination you've done looks perfect, also love Nars velvet matte lip crayons, I always use the one I have! x
    Freyas Fashion Chapter MAC GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny! And I want more of these Nars pencils!

      Delete
  10. I was totally searching this post up and down to make sure you didn't mention any lashes you were wearing, eeek your natural lashes are perfect! They're so long and fluttery :)

    I have the exact same problem with red lips though, I never know what eyeshadow to pair with them so I always end up with just doing liner and a light crease shade :( Thank you for the inspiration to try out something new now! ^_^

    eightbitbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! Thank you!! I've actually only worn false lashes two or three time!

      And I hope you do try this out! I thought it was a fun change from just doing winged liner!

      Delete
  11. I CAN NEVER GET OVER YOUR LASHES. Every single time, haha. I love the Tartelette palette, at first I wasn't going to get it but I'm really digging the purple matte shades. Cute side braid too, hehe.

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you Becky! I'm loving all of the matte shades in this palette too!! I need to use the purples more!

      Delete