Thursday, March 24, 2016

Lush Cup o' Coffee Face Mask Review

Hello!

Today I'm going to review the Cup o' Coffee face mask from Lush. I first heard about this face mask from Becky and being the coffee fiend lover that I am, I instantly wanted to try it. After using this for about 3 months, I'm ready to share my thoughts.

From Lush's website 
If you're a sucker for the strong, dark, stimulating type, this coffee-filled mask is just the thing to kick-start your day. Wake up and invigorate the skin and mind with the rich, intoxicating aroma of freshly brewed coffee and sweet roasted cocoa extract. Kaolin deeply cleanses impurities from the pores and ground coffee acts as a gentle scrub to buff away dryness and reveal the glowing skin beneath.


This mask is just how it sounds. Coffee. It smells like you've walked into a coffee shop. The scent is strong, so if you don't like the way coffee smells, stay away. There's coffee grounds in this mask, so this can be used as an exfoliator as well. 

I leave this on my face for about 10 minutes (recommended time) and then wet my hands and very gently do a quick scrub on my face before washing it off. The coffee grounds are a little rough, so if your skin is sensitive to scrubs then you can skip this step and just wash off the mask.

Another thing I've noticed with this mask is that you should follow the recommended 10 minutes that they suggest. Becky also mentioned that if she left the mask on longer it caused breakouts. I had already been using the mask prior to this, so when I read her review my mind kind of went 'ooooh'. Which is why it's taken me three months to review this, because I wanted to make sure if wasn't just my skin. After using the mask for a short amount of time, I had better results and no breakouts. I've also noticed too that it's better to not use a different exfoliator on my face the night before or after. 

My overall thoughts 
-The first thing I noticed and loved about this mask was how clean my pores (blackheads) on my nose looked after using this. It's amazing.
-I love the scent and the texture with the coffee goinds.
-My skin always feels super clean and fresh after using this. I was also excited to see Koalin in the ingredients because Michael Todds Koalin Clay mask worlds really well for my skin. 
-This isn't one of the fresh masks from Lush, so it has a longer shelf life which is great. 
-I'm not necessarily sure I'd recommend this to certain types of skin, but rather you'd have to try it out and see if it works for your skin. I definitely recommend giving it a try, or grabbing a sample though! 
-I do love this and it's a lot of fun, but I think I still prefer the Lush Catastrophe Cosmetic and the Mask of Magnaminty. 

Have you ever tried the Lush Cup o' Coffee mask? If so, leave your thoughts on it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment