Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Tartelette in Bloom Palette Review

Hello!

At the beginning of this month I picked up the Tartelette in Bloom Palette. I've been wanting this since it was first released and I finally caved and purchased it with a gift card I had for Sephora from Christmas. It's no secret that I love the original Tartelette palette so I was pretty sure I'd like this one too. 

This palette retails for $45 and can be found at Sephora, Ulta, Tarte's website etc. 
This palette is a lot more warmed toned than the original Tartelette, and has an obvious different of including 3 shimmer shades. 

Swatches
Here is the top row with (left to right) Charmer, Jetsetter, Rocker, and Smokeshow. 
Second row- Flowerchild, Smartypants, Firecracker, and Activist. 
Last row- Funnygirl, Sweetheart, Rebel, Leader. 

Eye looks 
For this one I did a slightly smokey eye using Smartypants, Jetsetter, and rocker on my lid. 
This one I used Smartypants, rebel, and firecracker with Funnygirl on top. 
For this one I used Smartypants, sweetheart, and Funnygirl. 
And for this last one I did an all matte look using mostly shades on the bottom row. I use Smartypants, rebel, leader, and then sweetheart on the lid.

My overall thoughts-
-You can probably already guess but I love this palette. I've been using it every single day since I bought it. I love that there is more matte shades than shimmer, because you don't see that a lot in palettes. 
-The colors are stunning, and the pigmentation is good. I find with this and the original Tartelette palette that the more you use the shadows, the better the pigmentation becomes. You have to dig into your shadows a little bit. 
-I love all three of the shimmer shades on this, they are all beautiful. Firecracker is unlike any shadow I own. I also find that Funnygirl works really well applied over top of both rocker and firecracker, if they look too intense and you want to tone them down a bit. 
-Since I love using those burnt red/orange tones, I love the last three shades in the bottom row the most. 
-My only complaint is that I feel this palette is lacking a good medium toned brown for the crease. Smartypants is the perfect transition shade, and Jetsetter could be used as one too since it's not quite dark enough to to deepen the crease over top of Smartypants. Smokeshow and activist are way too dark for the crease and I've found myself having to use activist (the lighter of the two) with a very, very light hand to deepen my crease, and that is kind of a pain. I love rebel for the crease, but only if I'm going for that tone in my look. There are a few good crease shades in the original palette, and I just wish this one would have included one too. 

Overall I'm very happy with this palette. It's definitely a good one and I totally recommend it. 

I want to do a video comparing the two palettes, but I wanted to get this review up first. Would anyone still like to see that?

Have you tried the Tartelette in Bloom palette? If so leave your thoughts in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment