Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Foodie Friday | what I eat in a day

Hi :)
Last Friday I did a motivation post and I asked you guys if you'd rather see that or a food post, and I said I would do the food post next Friday instead. Thinking back, I can't believe how fast the week has gone and it's already Friday again!

With trying to eat healthier, I feel inspired to do food posts. I always watch what I eat in a day videos on YouTube, and I do want to do some videos like that too, but for now I'm just going to do a blog post. I'm not the heathiest eater in the world, but I am trying. Through these what I eat in a day posts, I want to show you all some healthy ideas on what to eat but I also want to show you that I'm not perfect and don't always eat as well as I should. I'm taking my last lifestyle posts, on Creating Balance with these food posts to show you guys how to be happy and healthy, and that it's okay to indulge sometimes and eat what you want in moderation!

So basically what I usually eat for breakfast and lunch depends on if I have to work or not. If I have the day off, I like to make things that I wouldn't be able to bring for lunch. If I do work, I like to bring easy things like left overs from dinner or something that I wouldn't have to eat totally fresh. Same with breakfast, if I work then I will eat something super easy and fast. 

Breakfast 
If I'm at home I will usually make some waffles and have an apple, assuming I'm awake in time for breakfast. I always buy some sort that is whole grain and gluten/dairy and egg free. If I have to work, I'll grab a bowl of cereal and add a cut up banana in the bowl. I can't remember which brand this is, but it's some sort of organic honey oats (looks like Cheerios!). I sometimes make overnight oats the night before so it's easy to grab in the morning without having to make something. 

Lunch 
If I'm working and don't have left overs from dinner the night before, I like to make this spinach and quinoa salad with a ton of fruit and nuts on top. I usually will use lemon juice and balsamic dressing. It's super good and the quinoa has protein so it's filling. 

Sometimes when I'm at home I wake up too late for breakfast. If this happens I usually just make some toast with avocado on it and an apple. This is more kind of like a 'brunch'.

Dinner 
Dinners are kind of a struggle for me. I don't get home from work until 7 so I try to make something fast but I always seem to make the same stuff. The first picture on the left is some potatoes, quinoa with zucchini and corn, and a veggie burger. The picture on the right is some stir fry with rice noodles, mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli, and cashews. The bottom picture an easy peanut noodle dish. 

If I want a snack later and have a sweet tooth I'll grab and apple and some peanut butter with some dark chocolate chips. I use to eat plain Greek yogurt with peanut butter and chocolate, but I've been trying to cut dairy out of my diet (I haven't cut dairy out 100%) And as you can probably tell, I eat a lot of apples LOL. 
Healthy tip- have you ever looked at the ingredients on the back of your peanut butter jar? A lot of them have tons of I necessary oils and salt. Find one that has just one ingredients- peanuts!

I hope you guys enjoyed this post! Let me know if you did, and if you would be interested in seeing more posts like this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment