Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Lush Dark Angels Face Cleanser Review

Hello! Today I'm going to be reviewing the Lush Dark Angels Face and Body Cleanser. I've personally never used this for my body but then again, I think most of Lush's products say face and body on them. I always just stick to my face. 

So I've realized that this week and last I've done reviews on skin care products instead of doing them for my 'Skin Care Sunday' posts. I've just been really bad at blogging on weekends and it's hard to find the time, especially on Sunday's. I'm not abandoning that series, but I'm also not going to wait for a Sunday to do skin care posts if I want to do them during the week, either. 

Back into today's post! 

This little gem founds it's way into my shopping cart when I was shopping online at Lush just after Christmas. This costs $12.95 for 3.5 oz, or $31.95 for 8.4 oz. I opted for the smaller size snd in glad because three months later, I've barely put a dent into it. 

From Lush's Website 

Velvety black sugar cleanser

Black sugar and charcoal gently exfoliate and absorb excess oils to leave dull, oily or acne-prone skin feeling fresh and matte. Even oily skin can be sensitive, so we've made this one soft and soothing to calm redness and irritation, too. Its rhassoul mud base deep-cleanses to help prevent breakouts while vitamin rich cold-pressed organic avocado oil nourishes skin to leave it soft and lightly hydrated. Use all over for perfectly smooth, bright skin. Ideal for young skin: Dark Angels is lovely for those experiencing excess oil and blemishes. Liven up: The gentle exfoliation of black sugar will smooth and brighten up the skin.

My Thoughts-

-I picked this up because my skin responded really well to some Michael Todd skin care products with Charcoal in them. I was hoping from good results with this too, and I definitely got them. 

-I use this about twice a week since it also exfoliates your face. It's definitely a lot different than any face cleanser/scrub that I've used before. It's a soft/squishy but soild formula, and you break off a piece and add a little water to 'melt' it before applying to your skin. This is definitely messy, and if you don't wash it off really well, you will have black smudges on your face. The messiness doesn't bother me since I'm always in the shower when I use this. I always use my cetaphil gentle skin cleanser after wards to give a quick wash to my face and make sure all of the product is off. 

-This smells like black licorice, which isn't my favorite scent in the world, but it's not bad or overpowering. You need very little product, a little will go a long way so this will last you for forever. 

-It doesn't cause any irritation to my skin, and my face always feels super clean and fresh after I use this. I do find that it deeply cleanses my skin as well, and helps soak up oil! 

If you have acne prone and oily skin like me, then I definitely recommend this. However, as much as I love this one, I do think I like the Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Scrub a bit better. It's less messy, but it's a tab bit more expensive. I do think the Lush cleanser will last longer since you need very little product though. 

Have you tried Lush Dark Angels face cleanser before? If so, leave your thought on it in the comments! I promise I will review the Cup of Coffee face mask from Lush very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment