Thursday, June 16, 2016

FOTD | Druid by Strobe Cosmetics

The past few days I've been playing my shadows that I purchased from Strobe Cosmetics, and posting photos of my makeup looks on my Instagram and Snapchat (if you don't follow me on snapchat- ashhsue  you should!). These shadows are all very colorful and aren't like any colors that I own! I've always wanted to be bold with colorful makeup, but it's definitely out of my comfort zone. I'm having a ton of fun with these though, and it makes me want to wear colorful makeup looks more!

I will be doing a full review on these shadows soon, and sharing more makeup looks with them, but today's post is going to focus on the shadow I bought called Druid. This the most neutral of the shadows I bought, and it's a pretty brown based shadow with an intense green and teal duo chrome shift. Depending on the type of base you use, it can pull different colors and appear different shades. I will go into my detail and show swatches of that in my review. 

This shadow is definitely gorgeous, but did I buy it just because Druid's are one of my favorite classes to play in World of Warcraft? Probably. 


Face Makeup 
Too Faced Hangover Rx Primer, Loreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation, Mac Pro Longwear Concealer, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, Too Faced Sweet Tea Bronzer, Makeup Revolution Matte blush in Nude, ABH Glow Kit, Mac Blankety Lipstick. 

Eyes 
1. I used Mac painterly paint pot to prime, and Maybelline color tattoo in Edgy Emerald for my base. 
2. For my transition shade I used Mac Soft Brown. Then I used Makeup Geek Frappe to darken my crease. 
4. I used Strobe Cosmetics Druid all over my lid, and blended it slightly into my crease. I also used Sunburst from the ABH glow kit in my inner corner. 
5. Then I finished up the look with winged liner using Wet n Wild Megaliner, Coloupop Swerve on my waterline, and Covergirl Super Sizer for my mascara.

And this competes my makeup look! This Druid color was so fun to play with! The other two looks I did are definitely more colorful and intense than this one. I will share them in my review for these shadows next week. I will definitely do a detailed FOTD, or eye look post/video on the other two looks if anyone is interested!

Do you enjoy playing around with colorful eyeshadow? I think these strobe cosmetics shadows may have started a colorful shadow addiction in me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment