Sunday, August 4, 2013

Nars vs Nyx: Dupe for Orgasm Blush

Hello!! A few weeks ago I purchased the Nyx Pinched blush and thought it looked really similar to the Nars Orgasm and Deep Throat blush. All three blushes side by side looks a lot similar. I did some swatches and found out that Pinched is a great dupe for the Orgasm blush. They both have similar color, sheen, and pigmentation. The Deep throat blush looks alike Pinched in the packaging but once it was applied to my skin it was a lot lighter.  Nyx's powder blushes are $5.99 at Ulta and on Nyx's website. Nars blushes are $29, so there is a huge difference in price for these two blushes. Nyx is definitely a more affordable option.

Here are the three blushes side by side. Nars Orgasm is on the left, Nyx Pinched in the center, and Nars Deep Throat on the right. In the picture, the Nyx blush looks closer in color to Deep Throat, and orgasm looks like it has a more reddish/gold tint.

Here are the three swatches. Orgasm on the left, Pinched in the center, and Deep Throat on the right. Orgasm and Pinched have very similar colors when applied to the skin, and Deep throat is lighter and not as pigmented. Orgasm has more shimmer, but when applied with a lighter hand it matched Pinched almost exactly. 

Closer up picture of the Nars blush and the Nyx blush.

I applied both blushes to my cheeks to see how they matched on my face. I put Nyx Pinched blush on one side and Nars Orgasm on the other, and I couldn't tell the difference between the two blushes. 

   
Nars Orgasm                                                Nyx Pinched 

These are almost the exact same color on my skin. Both blushes apply nicely and are easy to blend in. I think Nars blushes are really long lasting so I was putting the Nyx blush to the test to see if it was too. I think this Nyx blush did last long on my skin as well, and for the great pricing it's great dupe for Orgasm if you don't want to spend $29 on a blush!!








2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the personal review. I've been wondering about this for a while and now I'm going to save some bucks and give NYX a try (love they're soft matte lip creams but never tried a blush). Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this nyx blush is great if you don't want to spend the money on Nars!! I really like it and I hope you do too! Thanks for reading!

      Delete