Thursday, October 27, 2016

Friday Favorites | End of October

I can't believe October is over in a few days! Is anyone excited for Halloween? This is the first year we don't have any Halloween plans to dress up and go to parties, but we will pass out candy since we get a ton of trick or treaters in our neighborhood. I'll be sad to see October go, but I'm always excited for November because of Thanksgiving and the Holiday season that follows!

Today I'm sharing some Friday lifestyle favorites again this week, and I'm linking up with Amanda from Meet @ the Barre and Lauren from Style Elixir


Favorite on Netflix || I've been into re watching some of my favorite shows lately. I just finished 90210 for the second time, and now I'm re watching The Vampire Diaries. I haven't watched season 7, or the last half of season 6 yet. I figured I would start over from season 1 since its been a while and I didn't remember enough of what happened. I'm completely obsessed again, and its also a good show to watch this time of the year for fall/halloween!

Favorite Natural Product || My body has finally gotten use to wearing natural deodorant. It took quite a few times of trying and I'm happy that I can wear it now. I was having an issue of getting irritation from it, and I couldn't figure out if I was allergic to the deodorant or if it was part of the detoxing stage when you cut out all of the bad chemicals that are in regular deodorant. I had a lot of bumps, irritation, and rash under my arms and it was super painful. This took me 3-4 times of trying it, getting irritation at the irritation and switching back to my normal deodorant, and then back to the natural to get use to it. The kind I'm using is from the brand called Schmidt's and I have the Lavender Sage scent. It smells freaking amazing. I definitely want to try out more brands when I finish this one up. Anyone have any recommendations?

Favorite Recipe || I've been obsessed with making veggie lasagna. Its been a staple in our dinner routine for the past 3 weeks. Its so simple and easy to make too- boil your noodles, and while those are boiling cut up  your veggies, add them into a skillet with your pasta sauce and let it cook for a few minutes. I use zucchini, spinach, and mushrooms. When everything is done, add a little bit of sauce on the bottom of your baking dish, add the noodles, cottage cheese, the veggie and sauce mix, mozzarella cheese, more noodles and repeat. If you prefer meat in your lasagna, then you can replace the veggies for meat, or mix in the meat with the veggies. I can do a more detailed post on my recipe if you guys want to see it!
Favorite Project || We are currently redoing one of our bathrooms! When we moved into our house almost 5 years ago, we re modeled the whole thing, except for the bathrooms. Since we are building a house soon, its time to get the bathrooms done so they are more appealing for when we sell our house. We picked out paint and tile for the floor, and here is a sneak peak, but I will definitely share some before and after pictures when its all done!

Favorite Moment || We've been wanting to go to the apple orchard all this season, and we ended up going to a smaller one near our house last Saturday. We didn't pick apples or anything fancy, just bought some cider, donuts, goodies from their store. I wanted to do a full post on something like this, but since the one we went to was small and didn't have a crazy amount of stuff, I thought I'd just share on here. We bought some caramel apples, raw honey, and apple butter too.
Do you have any lifestyle favorites that you want to share? Let's chat about them in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment