Thursday, October 13, 2016

My Hair Care Routine

As someone who went to cosmetology school, hair care is not something I've talked about a lot here on my blog. Why? I do not know.

Today I'm sharing my hair care routine. My routine is something I've minimized a lot over the past few years, and even more so recently. I love a ton of different hair products, and always will, but these 5 that I'm about to show are ones that I've been using recently the most. 

Products 
Shampoo and conditioner- I've been using these Garnier Whole Blends products for a few months and I absolutely love them. I have the honey treasures one that is for strengthening and healing damaged hair. 
Hair Oil- I use the Wen Sixthirteen ultra nourishing hair oil. This smells amazing and it great for keeping my hair smoothe, and helps with dryness. 
Dry Shampoo- this one is from Dove. It's been a long time favorite of mine. I usually switch between purchasing this one and Batiste. 
Hairspray- I've been using the John Frieda fizz ease firm holding hair spray for years. 

My Routine
Washing and conditioning
-I wash my hair 2-3 times a week. When I'm using Conditoner on my hair, I'll let it sit in my hair for 5 minutes before rinsing it out. This has made a huge different in my hair.   
-After I'm out of the shower I let my hair air dry. I also do not brush or comb it out. I let it untangle it's self while its air drying. This way, I'm not yanking on tangles for 10 minutes. I also do not use any leave in conditioners anymore either. With letting the conditioner sit in my hair for 5 minutes and not combing my wet hair, a leave in isn't needed anymore. 

Heat and Styling 
-I only use heat and style my hair 2-3 times a week now. Since I'm home most days, I just leave my hair be and only style it when I'm going somewhere. 
-I use hair oil before I straighten my hair, and afterwards if it's been heat styled a few days in a row. 
-I do use dry shampoo everyday (besides when it's freshly washed) so it doesn't get greasy. 

And that pretty much sums up my hair care routine! It's nothing fancy and I'm trying to get my hair healthy since its dry and damaged. The shampoo and conditioner I've been using has helped a lot, and so had reducing the amount of heat I use on it. 

What is your hair care routine? Let me know in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment